OCI - Washington DC Tracker

I went home with a lot of anticipation yesterday. I was expecting a "delivery attempt" note from ups/fedex on my door. There wasn't one. Now i am worried.
Is there any other way to findout if they attempted to deliver in the absence of a tracking number?

Did you receive the OCI? I was out of town and when I came back today, I see a UPS Info Notice and it seems the packet was delivered to my rental office. I think I should get it tomorrow.
Sri

Did you receive the OCI? I was out of town and when I came back today, I see a UPS Info Notice and it seems the packet was delivered to my rental office. I think I should get it tomorrow.
Sri

Yes, I got an info notice on Friday, as well. I called and told them to hold it and i will pick it up Monday. That was a big relief. glad you got yours as well.

Mine has moved to Printed status too on 11/27.

Received 9/13
Ack'ed 10/29
Photo Scanned 11/02
Granted 11/20
Printed 11/27

Well Indian Embassy is upto something once again.

Wife's Printed date moved from 11/26 to 11/27
Kid's Printed date moved from 11/26 to 11/27 to 11/29

Well Indian Embassy is upto something once again.

Wife's Printed date moved from 11/26 to 11/27
Kid's Printed date moved from 11/26 to 11/27 to 11/29

Sam,
It happened to me and others in my group who received OCI recently. It shifted to 3 days from the original date and finally the 3rd was taken as final date. So Chilll

I have question for you----Did you receive Surrender Certificate along with Indian passport with cancelled stamp? I would like to reach the consulate people to deliver the SC as it would be safer and easier to keep and carry the certificate rather than cancelled passports, do you have their contact info? Please share.

Thanks

Sam,
It happened to me and others in my group who received OCI recently. It shifted to 3 days from the original date and finally the 3rd was taken as final date. So Chilll

I have question for you----Did you receive Surrender Certificate along with Indian passport with cancelled stamp? I would like to reach the consulate people to deliver the SC as it would be safer and easier to keep and carry the certificate rather than cancelled passports, do you have their contact info? Please share.

Thanks

VM,
No, I didn't receive SC with my canceled passport, it was specifically written on the website that if we apply the Indian passport cancellation along with our OCI, they would not issue a SC. I didn't bother about it either and you know what, nothing is safe with Indian Immigration Officers :).

Example, one time the immigration officer at Delhi airport told me that my face do not match with the photo that on my Indian passport, off course it may not exactly match cos passport was about 7 yrs old, but that guy had guts to tell me that and than I went crazy on him (after a travel of almost 22 hrs, if you hear this you would go crazy too). I slammed him with my 3 photo ids and he had to let me go without any other BS questions.

Any recent acknowledments?

Hi,

I know it may take a few more weeks, but if any recent ackknowledgments have happened, please update.

I applied (family application) for OCI, but am still waiting for online update...

Application recd in DC : 10/26
Acknowledgment : Not yet

Thanks in advance.

I recently got acknowledged , but for Misc OCI service see the timelines below ...
Misc service, application acknowledged
Consulate/Embassy :- Washington DC
OCI Misc docs mailed: 11/15/2010
Docs recieved by embassy :11/16/2010
OCI Acknowledged: 11/30/2010
Registration Status: Under Process
OCI Scanned:
OCI Granted:
OCI Printed:
OCI Shipped:

Date Of Acknowledgment
10-NOV-2010
Application Status
Registration Status
UnderProcess

so far no change in my case, don't no what is going on....

Date Of Acknowledgment
10-NOV-2010
Application Status
Registration Status
UnderProcess

so far no change in my case, don't no what is going on....
when did you send OCi application?
Just want to know how much time it took to get Acknowledgment?

thanks

emno

I just check the status and guess what there is a change

Docs recieved by embassy :10/17/2010
Date Of Acknowledgment
10-NOV-2010
Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned: On: 01-DEC-2010
Registration Status
UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status
NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at: WASHINGTON NOT YET

VM,
No, I didn't receive SC with my canceled passport, it was specifically written on the website that if we apply the Indian passport cancellation along with our OCI, they would not issue a SC. I

---Ok, I didn't read that. Thanks Sam.

Example, immigration officer at Delhi airport ---- but that guy had guts to tell me that and than I went crazy on him /QUOTE]

--- Dude, You have guts to fight with IM officer

emno

I just check the status and guess what there is a change

Docs recieved by embassy :10/17/2010
Date Of Acknowledgment
10-NOV-2010
Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned: On: 01-DEC-2010
Registration Status
UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status
NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at: WASHINGTON NOT YET

You are almost there.
All the best. I have yet to start the process.
VM,
No, I didn't receive SC with my canceled passport, it was specifically written on the website that if we apply the Indian passport cancellation along with our OCI, they would not issue a SC. I

---Ok, I didn't read that. Thanks Sam.

Example, immigration officer at Delhi airport ---- but that guy had guts to tell me that and than I went crazy on him /QUOTE]

--- Dude, You have guts to fight with IM officer

I also have not read anywhere that they will not send the SC if we apply for SC and OCI together. Then why they charge $195?

Last edited by a moderator:
VM and Emmo, you know how its been with the Indian Embassy websites in last few months. They change the contents on the website so much that you can't really be sure what is there benchmark and the policies when you are in the process of getting something from them.

I wish I could find and point you to that paragraph :)

VM, yes, I did have guts to fight him over, since I was Indian citizen at that point and had many ids to prove it ;-) --- but the only way to get out of there without any questions, is "Do not greet them or say thank you after he is done, do not look into their eyes, look anywhere else but the guy who is examining your documents"