OCI - Washington DC Tracker

09citizen,
What I meant was that I check the status once in week e.g. Fri or Sat. Till last week his appl. wasnt acknowledged. If you see the dates all steps on his appl. was taken over last two days only.

09citizen,
What I meant was that I check the status once in week e.g. Fri or Sat. Till last week his appl. wasnt acknowledged. If you see the dates all steps on his appl. was taken over last two days only.

Got it, thanks. It looks like everything was happening, but they were just too lazy to update the status...:D

09citizen,

My status just changed to "Under Process" and date of ACK is shown as 18 Sep.

Congratulations, and thanks for the update.

I think my application is "lost" somewhere. As I had already sent a money order inquiry request last friday, the MO will most probably get cancelled this week if it is not cashed yet.

Which Indian embassy is that? DC/SFO?

Embassy is always located in the capital. Consulate is located at non-capital place.

Washington DC is capital of USA so Indian Embassy is located at Washington DC. Consulates can be located at many cities in USA so Indian Consulate is located at SFO.

Hope this helps. :)

OCI Status: Granted :)

Just FYI.

Here's my status as of today (Sept 3, 2009 at 1 am EST):
Registration Status: UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On: 03-SEP-2009
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at: WASHINGTON NOT YET

and as of today (Sept 3, 2009 around 6:15 am EST):
Registration Status: UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On: 03-SEP-2009
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 03-SEP-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: NOT DISPATCHED

Finally!!
As of today (Sept 22, 2009 around 9.40 pm EST):

Registration Status: Granted :) :) :)
Documents Despatached from Delhi On: Sept 22, 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Help!!!

I see that applcations that have been acknowledged after june 12th are being granted...

Can anyone help??? I have sent emails, phone calls etc...

05/28/09 :Application Package Shipped
06/01/09 :Application revd (UPS Tracking)
06/12/09 :Date Of Acknowledgment
08/28/09 :photo/Signature Scanned
Registration Status UnderProcess

here is ours :

applied and embassy received appl. may 13th,09
date of ack. june 13th,09
status granted aug.28th,09
documents received at washington 23rd,sept.,09 (which is yesterday)
and the last and the least interesting thing is i am going to india on sept.26th,....don't know how i will get this stupid oci sticker in our passport....!!!!!!!! great......!!!!!!jai ho....indian embassy ....!!!!!!!!!!

OCI department COntact #

ZND

Is the Contact # for OCI -Washington DC is

202-939-9888 or 202-939-9860?

Thanks

No. here is the actual no. try all the nos. But if you are good lucky person then someone will pick up otherwise they never pick up the phone nor reply you if you leave a message it's wastin time. I tried to call them this morning for totally I counted 100 times....no luck. within this time frame of my oci whole process since may to sept. I hold only one time one person on this phone no. and that's the last and the first and the final only.....!!! good luck

202-939-9836 --- Nitesh Satyamurti - OCI person
202-939-9835 --- Rajive Ranjan - OCI person - I talked to him co-incidently luckly he picked up phone and answer me.
202-939-9860 --- OCI inquiry general voicemail Audix

No. here is the actual no. try all the nos. But if you are good lucky person then someone will pick up otherwise they never pick up the phone nor reply you if you leave a message it's wastin time. I tried to call them this morning for totally I counted 100 times....no luck. within this time frame of my oci whole process since may to sept. I hold only one time one person on this phone no. and that's the last and the first and the final only.....!!! good luck

202-939-9835 --- Rajive Ranjan - OCI person - I talked to him co-incidently luckly he picked up phone and answer me.

I believe there are no enough staff workers at the Indian embassy to handle communication methods (email, phone, and mail) unlike USCIS.

It's surprising that they have only 2 people doing all the processing -- no wondering the time line is abysmal.

Finally!!
As of today (Sept 22, 2009 around 9.40 pm EST):

Registration Status: Granted :) :) :)
Documents Despatached from Delhi On: Sept 22, 2009

Congrats USGC485... Finally through the link posted by some good samaritan i was able to get to my file with the ref. no i guessed. No need to talk to those people in the embassy now to get my ref. no. My application has been scanned on a SATURDAY!! ..

Anyway got the visa . TRAVISA is really awesome and i wish OCI processing will go to them too.

Got it, thanks. It looks like everything was happening, but they were just too lazy to update the status...:D

Just when I had given up all the hopes on my application, the status changed today to under process, with 10/2 acknowledgement date. This is very wierd. Now I have to call USPS and make sure the money order is not cancelled!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Indian Embassy closed today (Friday)? oh, I didn't realize that Embassy remains closed on October 2 on account of Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday

Fedex status said Customer not Available or Business Closed so Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day.

I was sending my US passport and Indian passport for U visa stamp and cancellation stamp since my status was granted.

Just when I had given up all the hopes on my application, the status changed today to under process, with 10/2 acknowledgement date. This is very wierd. Now I have to call USPS and make sure the money order is not cancelled!!

Oh that is a relief. Hope the USPS doesnt cancel ur MO.. Good luck.
My status is also changed to scanned. Hope to receive something soon.

The Embassy OCI processing is really the pits ... I also got caught in the PIO fees increase for OCI for my kids.

Just talked to someone at the embassy who mentioned that they're running so behind that they'll take 12 weeks to acknowledge application --> he said to mail the fee increase and write the application # so that they can connect the original application with the fees.

My app was delivered on Sept 17 and no updates till now. Haven't seen a more messier situation then this!!

Oh that is a relief. Hope the USPS doesnt cancel ur MO.. Good luck.
My status is also changed to scanned. Hope to receive something soon.