OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Do we need to send Indian passport with the OCI application ? Are you guys doing that ?

I thought we need to send Indian passport later after on after OCI approval only ?

Do we need to send Indian passport with the OCI application ? Are you guys doing that ?

I thought we need to send Indian passport later after on after OCI approval only ?
We send only copies of Indian passport and US passport with the OCI application to the Indian embassy so they can scan them in Delhi. We send original Indian passport and US passport after OCI approval (or when online status says Documents received at the Indian embassy).

Last edited by a moderator:
When I checked the current list of documents needed at the washington DC web-site, it ask to send "last help Indian passport too" so just wanted to confirm if any are guys sending the passport too with OCI application?

Unbelievable...I am still seeing this message. Never mail it on a Friday...:mad:

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:24 AM on August 15, 2009 in WASHINGTON, DC 20008 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I called USPS this morning, and they confirmed that the package is on its way back to me. When I called them last week, they told me that only the receiver can arrange a reschedule but today they were going to do it even when I told them that I am the sender. Thats when they found out that the package was already sent back to me.

What I dont understand is why doesn't USPS try to re-deliver a package if the recepient is not around the first time? Fedex and UPS do that. Is it because Priority Mail is cheaper than them? I"ll use Fedex this time. The inefficiency of Indian embassy and the limitations of Priority Maili is a lethal combination

I called USPS this morning, and they confirmed that the package is on its way back to me. When I called them last week, they told me that only the receiver can arrange a reschedule but today they were going to do it even when I told them that I am the sender. Thats when they found out that the package was already sent back to me.

What I dont understand is why doesn't USPS try to re-deliver a package if the recepient is not around the first time? Fedex and UPS do that. Is it because Priority Mail is cheaper than them? I"ll use Fedex this time. The inefficiency of Indian embassy and the limitations of Priority Maili is a lethal combination

You shouldn't have done using USPS. Fedex is the best (They are on time). UPS is good, but the UPS tracking system won't give you much information. I guess USPS Priority Mail is not the best. I never used USPS to send important papers (except tax filing to IRS since it is part of US government system). Indian Embassy is not part of US government system so USPS doesn't care if it is being delivered or not. Indian embassy don't care about USPS. If you send important documents to India or relatives, use Fedex. If you use US postal office to send the package, it will be delivered directly to India Postal office that will deliver your package to the recipient's address. I don't trust Indian postal office because some staff members at the India postal office steal clothes or etc. It happened to me once. India tries to fight corruption.

Updates of OCI - Applied on May 10th,2009

As of today Aug.31st,2009 , here is our OCi application status.......which we applied on May 10th,2009 & documents received at the embassy on May 13th,2009.

Application Status

Registration Status Granted On 29-AUG-2009

Photo/Signature Scanned On 28-AUG-2009

Documents Printing Status PRINTED

Documents Printed On 31-AUG-2009

Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

As of today Aug.31st,2009 , here is our OCi application status.......which we applied on May 10th,2009 & documents received at the embassy on May 13th,2009.

Application Status

Cool!! That's almost 3 months from May 11/13 (mailed date/received date respectively) and almost 2 months from June 13 (acknowledgment date).

Are you trying to go to Washington DC's Embassy in person to have your US passports stamped with "U visa" stamp and have your Indian passports stamped with "canceled" stamp?

Application Status

Congratulations. You are almost done. Funny thing is, when I called NY CGI, the lady implied that there are background checks done and information verified and thats why its taking long. I have seen SF process within days and have seen some applications ack, scanned, granted within couple of days. The fact that it takes them forever to just scan photo/signature and that they grant OCI a day or few days after scanning tells me all this wait time is for nothing (and their inability to staff it properly) and it can be improved dramatically to provide better customer support. Oh well, we can dream about it.

Rediculus

Well, atleast I got my status granted so far. The very interesting thing is I just checked out online inquiry form for almost all the series starting from USAW00300009 ,300109......upto 330009...........very rediculus.........they are not working on sequence nor taking care for ...I found there are some for confidentiality I am thinking not to give the name but I found and I can prove that there are some which has acknowledgement on 16th june and also USAW00316109.....and others...get everything done in only 10 days....because they know somebody inside to get it done.......16th june ack,16th june granted, 16th june print scanned everything and dispatched 18th june and received on 26th june ...how that possible ....even the serese no is also USAW00316109..... ppl has sereies no. before 31 and also ack before 16th june ...not done yet....some their dispatched date is aug.26th not received yet ....what to say ....can tell so many things and explain and prove it...?? Also there are some serease USAW00320 ...also get done within 10 days here at the same washington dc....yes that prove how Indian govt. ? don't know what extra money they give or what and whom they use it for ...........What to say ? "Lanch Rushwat is still working for India...and not going to change.....":mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

There is no system at all to work for this OCI ....how rediculus.............India wanted to improve the economy through this system to get money the best option as prime minister is a finance minister in the past know very smartly how to get more money ...but don't know how to work with foreign countries through the system....it's still working Indian style because they think Indian don't know nothing because they are Indian....how sad your own ciitzen's you are downsizing specially in this advanced country and that prove this american about Indian mentality still and can't change............very shame.....!!!!

Well, atleast I got my status granted so far. The very interesting thing is I just checked out online inquiry form for almost all the series starting from USAW00300009 ,300109......upto 330009...........very rediculus.........they are not working on sequence nor taking care for ...I found there are some for confidentiality I am thinking not to give the name but I found and I can prove that there are some which has acknowledgement on 16th june and also USAW00316109.....and others...get everything done in only 10 days....because they know somebody inside to get it done.......16th june ack,16th june granted, 16th june print scanned everything and dispatched 18th june and received on 26th june ...how that possible ....even the serese no is also USAW00316109..... ppl has sereies no. before 31 and also ack before 16th june ...not done yet....some their dispatched date is aug.26th not received yet ....what to say ....can tell so many things and explain and prove it...?? Also there are some serease USAW00320 ...also get done within 10 days here at the same washington dc....yes that prove how Indian govt. ? don't know what extra money they give or what and whom they use it for ...........What to say ? "Lanch Rushwat is still working for India...and not going to change.....":mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

Probably they had PIO before so their OCI applications were granted quickly. That's my opinion. Don't compare those people with yours. Some cases are simple and some cases are not easy.

When I called almost everyday about 100 times and finally I got one person and he told me that we have a backlog and some work we do here and some work they do in delhi that's whay it's taking long time ....so don't wait and get tourist visa....how rediculus...I ask what work you do here and what work they do in delhi and to whom I can contact in dlehi....what backlog for when....he did not have answer and hangup......so the backlog here you can see online inquiry form for lanch rushwat money.....who had done within 10 days and the acknowledment is after 13th june sereies no. is after everything and according to their terms that is the backlog who give them lanch rushwat with someone knows ...poupar person we need to find out now so you can get it whenever you want....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check online inquiry form with back and forth series no....you can get answet for everything who get what and when.......!!!!!

That is the Indian govt. with great system to work for OCI....and get $$$$$$ Adnaan sami 's song...." Thodi si lift kara dee.....ham ko bi dollar di la de.....aese wese ko di ya hai ....kaise kaise ko diya hai .......!!!!!!

I am not comparing with mine.......secondly, if you think I am comparing than let me tell you that if that is the case than I can prove and say that our case is very simple and has provided very neat and clean and very specific all the documents ....I can say that even if the blind can see that and do the work faster....

Here is another case fyi;

USAW00310509.....
date of acknowledge 13-JUN-2009
Application Status
Registration Status
Granted
On
16-JUN-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned
On
13-JUN-2009
Documents Printing Status
PRINTED
Documents Printed On
16-JUN-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 18-JUN-2009
Documents Received at WASHINGTON
On

26-JUN-2009

and her is another one...USAW003106......
Date Of Acknowledgment
13-JUN-2009
Application Status
Registration Status
Granted
On
29-AUG-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned
On
28-AUG-2009
PRINTED
Documents Printed On
31-AUG-2009

NOT YET

And here is another one USAW00327209........
Date Of Acknowledgment
24-JUN-2009
Application Status
Registration Status
Granted
On
27-JUN-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned
On
26-JUN-2009
PRINTED
Documents Printed On
29-JUN-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 30-JUN-2009
On

17-JUL-2009

What to say....which one is harder and which one is not....? why they give online registration no ? then why they give acknowledgement no. then ? if they don't wanted to work on through the system....? anyone can apply anytime and get it anytime....? yaaaaaaaaa...may be because indian don't believe in time line.....???? don't assume all indians are same........!!!!

And if they wanted to work with PIO and OCI then make it seperate for PIO and OCI so ppl will not confused ...

Because everything has different fees ....then make it seperate those who has PIO earlier and wanted OCI then make it sepereate for them....and applying only for OCI first time...make it seperate then......

That what so called to need a system .....it will automatic work faster....if they really wanted to work and not just sitting on chairs......doesn't need too many infrastructure or machinery to get them cost more than what ppl are paying....need to have system and let the system manage and work.....

ZND - You are funny man. But you are right. I have been doing research on NY CGI numbers and all the reason they gave about load, background checks seem incorrect. There is no logic to their reason. For example, are they saying SF folks need less background check than NY and DC ? :eek: .

I am tracking random samples of file numbers and they dont do on application on certain days at all. They only scan apps almost after a week to 8 days - either the inflow of applications exactly matches with the capacity or the guy(s) decided that they wont scan application unless they are sitting there for a week. Same is with granting, printing and dispatching. Folks in india dont seem to do anything at all - as most of the time granting is done right after scanning at SF but much more delayed from NY and DC. If anything is done at central location, the any delay in that process should apply to everyone regardless of their CGI.

Yes, you got it......when ppl talk right things nobody likes it and that's the common human nature....!!! well, hope everyone get their OCI.....no matter how much they have to wait but atleast they will get it so then they don't have to deal with this Indian govt. anymore for their India visit......!!!!!!