02/08/10 : Mailed to Washington
02/09/10 : Reached Washington.
03/03/10: Acknowledged
03/10/10: Scanned
03/16/10: Granted
03/17/10: Printed
xx/xx/10: Dispatched from Delhi ???
xx/xx/10: Recd @ Wash.: ???
xx/xx/10: Mailed US Passports to Wash ???
xx/xx/10: Passports recd. at Wash ???
xx/xx/10 : OCI Recd!

I have booked tickets for my son travelling to india on 04/25/2010. Now that OCI application status is printed ,yet to be dispatched from delhi, Can I still make up till the travel date ? I do have a back up plan to get him visa in 2nd week of april if this whole thing doesnt work out
If passports get sent to DC can I try going there personally to get the stamping ??
From recent PP stamping timeline I see it almost takes 3 weeks !!!!

Anouther note,my son will be there in india for 4 months,so even if DC recieves his OCI documents by next month , can I still wait for him to come back in September and send the PP for stamping ?

I have booked tickets for my son travelling to india on 04/25/2010. Now that OCI application status is printed ,yet to be dispatched from delhi, Can I still make up till the travel date ? I do have a back up plan to get him visa in 2nd week of april if this whole thing doesnt work out
If passports get sent to DC can I try going there personally to get the stamping ??
From recent PP stamping timeline I see it almost takes 3 weeks !!!!

Anouther note,my son will be there in india for 4 months,so even if DC recieves his OCI documents by next month , can I still wait for him to come back in September and send the PP for stamping ?

Hitraj:

Here is what I think.
You have a fair chance of getting the PP before 10th of April. This is my guess.

If it is delayed beyond 4/20, my suggestion would be to let your kid proceed per the plan (with a letter to OCI stating that his pass port) will be sent as soon as he is back.
Of course you should drive to DC and get the Visa for your son and this can be done in a day or two.
This is one of the option, that I can think of...
Good luck

Gee24

Here is another dummy question: Yesterday I filled out the OCI form (family category for a family of 3) and printed it out. For whatever reason, page3 of 9 came out totally blank. Its not that any info is missing for any of us family members....but just that the page 3 is blank. Did any one have the same issue?

Thanks,
speedy

Here is another dummy question: Yesterday I filled out the OCI form (family category for a family of 3) and printed it out. For whatever reason, page3 of 9 came out totally blank. Its not that any info is missing for any of us family members....but just that the page 3 is blank. Did any one have the same issue?

Try reprinting. Also check the paper size settings in your browser.

Hi speedy1027,

It happened to me. Mine 2 pages came out blank. I removed the blank pages from the OCI application package.

People working in the OCI department are very careless. As per OCI application requirement I sent two set of application and all documents including fee and extra photo attached to 1st set. Yesterday, I checked my application status and it shows “in process/scanned”. Today, I received only one set of my application package back (most likely 2nd set) by express ups and letter enclosed which showing “Missing fee. The application may be resubmitted after attending to the deficiencies”.

I think they gave my each application set to two different persons. Anyway I am going the return my second set to OCI and I will write a letter that application fee is already paid and my application status is showing in process………….

Hi speedy1027,

It happened to me. Mine 2 pages came out blank. I removed the blank pages from the OCI application package.

People working in the OCI department are very careless. As per OCI application requirement I sent two set of application and all documents including fee and extra photo attached to 1st set. Yesterday, I checked my application status and it shows “in process/scanned”. Today, I received only one set of my application package back (most likely 2nd set) by express ups and letter enclosed which showing “Missing fee. The application may be resubmitted after attending to the deficiencies”.

I think they gave my each application set to two different persons. Anyway I am going the return my second set to OCI and I will write a letter that application fee is already paid and my application status is showing in process………….

Hello Rahi,

Thank you for the response. Here are 3 more potentiall stupid questions:
1. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I said "no" for "whether PIO Card Holder" question. However, in the form A (for all the 3 applicants) item#14, "yes/no[if yes, give details" printed out followed by a 2x2 table asking for PIO details. Should I strike off the yes part in the "yes/no[if yes, give details" part and say "NOT APPLICABLE" in the 2x2 table?? or Should I just leave it blank? What did you guys do??
2. PartB item#16. Does the country of the applicant(s) permit dual citizenship in some form or other. What do I put here?? Does US allow dual citizenship??
3. PartB items#19 and 20. Do I need to list out each of the applicant's name and put how we acquired our present nationalities and our previous nationalities??

Please help.....I am getting confounded by the OCI process.

Cheers,
speedy

my passport was received on 2/25/2010 and i still haven't received my passport and oci card back yet. when i applied, i sent one cashier's check with the fee & $20 for return postage. could that be delaying the process by any chance?
i have already bought my tickets for april 1st and tried sending emails to check on that status but no one answers.

Hi speedy ,

Q#1: If you checked "NO" while filling the online form then no need to write any thing on the print out page. Just leave it blank. I checked "NO" and left it blank. If the aplicant having PIO card then you have to check "YES" and need to write the PIO detail while filling the form. The print out page will show the detail information about the PIO card. My doughter having the PIO card so I checked "YES" and the print out page having the detail.

Q#2: I wrote "YES"

Q#3: I attached a seperate sheet for PartB items# 19 & 20, wrote the name of each applicant and details about how we acquired our present nationalities and our previous nationalities. I also attached seperate sheet for PartB item#22 and wrote detailed information of our other family memebers living in India (Name, phone, address and relationship).

As I said in my previous post that the people working in the OCI depertment are very careless. They sent back my 2nd set of application saying that "Missing fee" although I enclosed my correct fee. Now my online status is showing that "PRINTED".

Good-luck,
Rahi_02

My OCI information.......
03/16/10: Scanned
03/17/10: Granted
03/18/10: Printed
xx/xx/10: Dispatched from Delhi?
xx/xx/10: Received at Washington?
xx/xx/10: Mailed US Passports to Washington?
xx/xx/10: Passports received at Washington?
xx/xx/10: Passport received/OCI completed????????????

alwaysinhurry ,
Aren't you planning to visit the embassy/consulate to enquire about your passport and the OCI stamping ?

Spouse's OCI Application Status: I hope this helps to many of our group members

Total time taken to complete the process: 49 Days
Application sent DC: Jan 13th, 2010
Recd @ DC: Jan 14th
Acknowledged: Jan 25th
Scanned: Jan 28th
Status changed to
Granted: Feb 12th
Doc's Printed: Feb 15th
Dispatched
from India: Feb 17th
Recd @ DC: Feb 23rd
US Passport
sent to DC: Feb 23rd
Recd @DC: Feb 24th
US Passport &
OCI recd by me: March 3rd 2010
my passport was received on feb 25th and still no passport & oci card. did you send a cashier's check for $20 or return envelope?

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Process Completed

Mailed OCI on January 11, 2010.
Received at Washington, DC on January 13, 2010.
Acknowledgement - January 25, 2010
Scanned - January 28, 2010
Granted - February 10, 2010
Printed - February 10, 2010
Package Sent - February 11, 2010
Documents received at DC- February 18,2010
Mailed passport to DC - February 20, 2010
Passport received at DC - February 22, 2010
Passport with OCI - March 3, 2010

my passport was received on feb 25th and still no passport & oci card. did you send a cashier's check for $20 or return envelope?
i sent 1 cashier's check for the fee & $20 mailing fee...i am wondering if that is delaying it.

Mailed OCI applications and documents --- Feb 16, 2010
Delivered at Embassy of India, Washington DC --- Feb 19, 2010
Acknowledgement Date - Mar 17, 2010
Registration Status --- Under Process
Documents Printing Status --- NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched --- NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received At --- Washington --- NOT YET

DESPATCHED from DELHI

Gee24

01/23/10 : Mailed to Wash.
03/03/10: Acknowledged
03/10/10: Scanned
03/16/10: Granted
03/17/10: Printed
03/19/10: Dispatched from Delhi

xx/xx/10: Recd @ Wash.: Mailed US Passports to Wash ???
xx/xx/10: Passports recd. at Wash ???
xx/xx/10 : OCI Recd! ??

alywaysinhurry,

Relax, When I had applied for OCI 11/2 year back there was a lady with similar situation and she directly approached the embassy and requested for stamping by showing her tickets.