OCI via Travisa - Need to send US passport at the beginning

What does the consulate do with holding onto the US Passports for that long anyways? I don't think one can get the second passport without submitting the first one along with it.

The sit on their lazy butts and lay eggs there. Before the service was outsourced to Travisa, you could keep your passport with you until they received your OCI booklet from Delhi, since march 8th, they've started to ask for the passports in the beginning.

OCI frustration!

The sit on their lazy butts and lay eggs there. Before the service was outsourced to Travisa, you could keep your passport with you until they received your OCI booklet from Delhi, since march 8th, they've started to ask for the passports in the beginning.

Date Of Acknowledgment 23-AUG-2012
Application Status
Registration Status at Mission:UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status
On
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ):
On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at WASHINGTON: NOT YET

"Ordinarily, OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from the date of acknowledgment. If there are any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc,the process may get delayed and the same will be communicated to applicant by the concerned Mission/ Office via OCI web site/ SMS/ Email/ Phone etc."

Does this mean my photo was not scanned or my case was not even opened / processed since acknowledgement? No movement since 08/23. By tomorrow it will 25 days since acknowledgement.

Could some one please advice what can I do?

Thanks.