OCI US passport

bmtd18

Registered Users (C)
so i saw the notification on OCI website that I don't need to send US passport (starting from june 15th) so i didn't send my passport to Travisa outsourcing. Unfortunately they received my application on June 9th and they were processing it yesterday June 13th and put it on hold because US passport was not included. I called them today and they said I need to send US passport and asked me to include prepaid shipping envelope. I chose to pick up OCI in person. So are they going to send me the US passport back in 2 weeks (that is what the guy said on phone) and email me to bring US passport when OCI is ready?

You should have waited till 14th june for sending the application. The travisa people are so dumb that they dont understand anything beyond what appears on their creepy computer screen. Call them tomorrow or on 16th and say that according to the website, the US passport is not required along with the application. If you send the passports, there is no guarantee that they will return it in two weeks. They may say that the application was submitted before June 15 and the passports were required along with the application.

Can you not withdraw the application and re-submit it now?
As long as the checks are not cashed, you can verbally withdraw and mail out a new one immediately.

Unfortunately ... process outsourcing means precisely what you faced ... the person doing the processing looks at the computer and does what the computer tells him to do. Brains are not needed.

But then
a) if the systems actually work, people actually process as per rules
b) if we figure out exactly what they need, when they need, things can work well.

Thanks for the replies.
Before creating this thread, I sent out complain via their feedback form on their website. Yesterday, I received an email from senior manager from trivisa saying that my application would be processed on 15th. The application status changed (3 out of 4) to "prepared to send to embassy" yesterday evening (around 4 EST) but my dads application status is still same. I sent him another email yesterday, hopefully he will take care of it.