Oci & u-visa for new renewed passport

arun_2681

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am a Canadian Citizen between 20 and 50 years old. I renewed my Canadian passport recently. The U VISA is still in the old passport. I would still like to get a new U VISA and OCI certificate to be on the safe side.

I live in Atlanta Georgia, US. I understand that I have to apply online, print out an application and mail it to the Indian Consulate, Hiouston. My questions are:

1)Do I need to mail my orginal old/new passport and old OCI certificate to the consulate or just a copy of all the documents is enough?
2)Can U vusa be obtained on a seperate document that can be detached and attached on my new passport so I donot need to mail my original documents?

I am travelling to India in Sept 2010.

You are not required to get a new OCI book/visa stamp as long as you carry both old and new Canadian passports. If there is no requirement, why bother to deal with Indian bureaucracy?

If you do decide to get it, you will have to submit original new Canadian passport and original OCI card. You will get a new OCI card and a U visa in your new passport.

There might be additional delays for non-US citizens applying in US.