OCI Surrender Certificate - Houston Timeframe

ociseeker

Hello,

Can anyone share their experience with Citizenship Surrender certificate (that is required for OCI) from the Houston consulate?

I sent it 25 days back and I haven't received it so far. Is there a way to track/contact CGI Houston on this?

Thanks!

Still waiting...

Still waiting over 45 days now. Have emailed CGI Houston but no response yet.

Can anyone recommend what to do next? How long does the OCI process take after this if the Surrender Certificate itself is taking so long?

Please help... getting somewhat impatient now as India trip is approaching.

Any updates ? Mine is 30 days and counting ...

I mailed mine on June 1st with 195 fees (175 + 20(mailing fees)). They called me on my cell phone on June 26th and informed me to send me 40 in money order or cashiers check as the fees have changed. I sent it July 1. I still have not heard anything from them.

Hi
I sent application for surrender certificate to Houston consulate Jul 6th (recieved at houston).
Sent $20 + $20 along with copy of US passport, nat cert copy, application dup, 20+20 for fee and mail.

We sent a western union money order for $40 as fee+mailfee. Money has not been cashed yet.
I thought they would cash the money order sooner.

So far, nothin from Houston. Has anyone in the same boat.
Write your experience if you know any.

thanks

Note: I applied for surrender certificate before applying for OCI, I heard somewhere it is a requirement, and some people got their OCI applications back
because of no cancelled passport or surr certificate. What a headache.

Our money order has been cashed by houston almost after a month. hope timeline helps other folks.
We mailed application from Florida to Houston in July.

thanks

Thank you kercan7478.
Thanks for sharing your timeline with us.

Are you planning to apply for OCI after this.

thanks

I am planning to go to India this December. Trying to get Surrender Certificate to apply for visit visa.

Houston Consulate received the application for Surrender Certificate on August 11. Today is Oct 1 and no surrender certificate yet.

Called Travisa and they require the surrender certificate for any processing.

Never thought the Surrender Certificate itself could take 2 months (or more?) Just wondering whether anyone has recent experience of getting the SC back from Houston and how much time it took. Any ideas to make the trip happen by Dec? Driving down personally over to Houston is of any use? So far in spite of repeated attempts never got to talk to anyone in person at Houston. Ofcourse the emails are not replied either.