OCI Status

Kevin1970

Registered Users (C)
Hi !

I sent my OCI applications (2 sets) to New York Consul General office on
23rd June,2008 and those were received by NYCGI on 25th June.

However, still the online status is shown as 'not yet acknowledged' by New Delhi. Is there anybody in this forum who had sent OCI application to NYCGI around 25th of June and current status shown as "acknowledged" by New Delhi ?

Should I expect a notification from NYCGI, if my application is incomplete ? OR do I need to follow up with NYCGI ? Is there any way to know the transit status of my application ?

Any response would be highly appreciated

Thank You

Kevin1970

It takes 1+ month before they ACK so follow the timelines on the tracker. You will be contacted only if they need something and even that does not delay the appl most of the time.

SF does send an email asking the applicant to mail the US passport but this may not apply to other cons.

same for me

Hi,

I sent application on 17th June and I tracked usps receipt that it was received on 19th of June 2008. However from online status it says not yet acknowledged. We did not receive back even the green return receipt attached to the mail.

Is this normal? does online status show any change after a month?

Thanks in advance

Regards

See the tracker for your local Indian consulate to know current timelines. The times vary dep on which city you mailed it to.

Thank You all for your immediate response.

I checked with OCI trackers in other sites and found that it takes between 3 to 4 weeks for acknowledging at New Delhi from the date received in NY consulate.

Let me wait for 1-2 weeks.

Kevin1970

Finally, my documents reached New Delhi and the date of acknowledgement is shown as 18.07.2008.

Here are the details

Application sent to NY Consulate on : 06.23.08
Application received at NY Consulate : 06.25.08
Date of Acknowledgement at New Delhi: 07.18.08

Looks like it takes between 20-25 days to acknowledge at New Delhi after the documents reached NY Consulate.

Those who had sent the documents during last week of June '08 to NY consulate, pls keep on checking the status online.

Good Luck

Kevn1970