OCI Status question

I called the BLS help line and asked my OCI status.
He said it is still under process (this is the same status I see on the MOIA website) and I have to wait 60 days.
I guess the BLS agent "great-ideas" spoke has good contacts.
Hmmm still waiting...
I thinking of getting started on my tourist visa.
Can I apply in the under given category. Any thoughts
Visa applicants holding US passports (only those born in USA or with Indian origin are eligible) can apply for EMERGENCY VISAS at the BLS Visa Application Centre located at 4239 Geary Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94118.

These Emergency Visa applications (for any type of Visa, provided they are accompanied by adequate / necessary documents and mandatory fees) shall be accepted even without an appointment, on a WALK-IN basis and are normally issued within the end of the same working day (if applied before 1100 hours).
Emergency Visa applications submitted between 1100-1400 hours are processed for the next day delivery.
Thanks

On Nov-19-2013 I submitted/applied for a tourist visa @ BLS/SFO.

The receipt says 3 to 5 business days.

My travel date is Dec-02-2013.
Still not sure if they will do it in time.

My OCI status on GOI website still shows "UNDER PROCESS".

Ok my tourist visa application status on the BLS website has changed (on Nov-21-2013) and it says as given under

Current Aplication Status : Your Application has been received from the Consulate General of India and is ready for collection. Kindly note an Authority Letter is required if a Third Party is authorized for Collection.
Kindly note the passport collection timing is 4 to 6
(Last Updated On 20-11-2013 17:23)

Still not sure until I collect my passport from BLS SFO office.

I will go tomorrow to collect my US Passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just collected my us passport with tourist visa stamp from BLS SFO Office.

We went to Dc and requested and received an emergency tourist visa for my wife. I will have to wait till my OCI card arrives. On GOI site the Dispatched From MOIA (OCI )is now showing as 23-NOV-2013. Looking at Washington Dc timeline on trackers, it would take another 4 days for the card to reach DC.

Status for my spouse just got updated - OCI granted.

Mailed to BLS on Oct 29
Acknowledgement Date on GoI website: 05-NOV-2013
Registration Status at Mission SAN FRANCISCO
OCI- Number Axxxxxxx
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 26-NOV-2013

Congrats non_linear.
My status is now showing as Document received At WASHINGTON DC On 26-NOV-2013. What would be the next step. Will somebody contact me from BLS to send my passport or I just send the passport now. What all I need to send along with passport. Thanks for the help.

Congrats non_linear.
My status is now showing as Document received At WASHINGTON DC On 26-NOV-2013. What would be the next step. Will somebody contact me from BLS to send my passport or I just send the passport now. What all I need to send along with passport. Thanks for the help.

BLS sends an email to you with instructions on how to send the US PP back to them for "matching". Hang on for a week or so until you receive it (unless you have impending travel coming up, where you can just hand deliver). The email has the labels attached with bar code that you print and paste on the envelope you send the US PP in.

Thanks non-linear. I have send the US PP before the email from BLS came. I talked to BLS and got a confirmation that I could send the passport. Not sure it will come back in time.

Witing for passport OCI MAtch up

Received the card today. Thanks to you all.

Dear Forum Members,
The current status of my OCI application as per GOI website is as follows. I believe this means the OCI has been granted but I am still waiting for BLS to notify that I can send the passport for match. I have got two questions

1) Does the status below reflect that my OCI card has been approved?
2) Why is BLS taking so long to notify me to send the passport for matchup?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Applicant Name xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
File Acknowledgment Number xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date Of Acknowledgment 26-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON DC
OCI- Number A#######
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 23-SEP-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 25-SEP-2013
Document received At WASHINGTON DC On 02-OCT-2013

Waiting for Passport-OCI Match up at Washington DC

Dear Forum Members,
The current status of my OCI application as per GOI OCI website is as follows. I believe this means the OCI has been granted but I am still waiting for BLS to notify me to send the passport for match-up. I have got two questions

1) Does the status below reflect that my OCI card has been approved?
2) Why is BLS taking so long to notify me to send the passport for match-up?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Applicant Name xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
File Acknowledgment Number xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date Of Acknowledgment 26-JUL-2013
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON DC
OCI- Number A#######
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 23-SEP-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 25-SEP-2013
Document received At WASHINGTON DC On 02-OCT-2013

Hi nc_desi
Please contact Consul General at DC office. This is way past the normal processing times.

Dear vijay421201,

Thank your feedback!

Does the status indicate that my OCI is granted? I couldn't infer.

Do I need to contact the BLS office or the Embassy? Please advise.

Thanks!

Yes, that is what it means. To give you a baseline, I got an email from BLS SFO the same day that they received the document (the third date on the GOI status site). You are now 2 months behind, I would jump on it as Vijay suggested.

Dear vijay421201,

Thank your feedback!

Thanks!

Hi nc_desi
Yes it does mean that the OCI is granted. You need to contact the Vice Consul General at the Embassy, as it is not clear if the document was ever dispatched from Embassy to BLS. I would use Embassy as Starting point. You can also send email to Mr.Rattan Whig - rattanw@blsinternational.com to query on status. Do this with utmost urgency. Best of luck
Dear vijay421201,

Thank your feedback!

Thanks!

Thank you vijay421201 for the information! Much appreciated!

Thank you kool_maverik!

I am going to contact Mr. Rattan and the Vice Consular General as suggested.

What happens when the documents are received at the Mission from New Delhi? Does the Embassy notify BLS USA? or do they send all the documents to BLS USA? I am wondering where the breakdown in the process might have happened.

Thanks & Regards!

Thank you everyone for your comments and directions!

I am very delighted to announce that I finally got my OCI after a very long journey of about 6 months.

The case was escalated to BLS' Regional Head and the BLS team sprung into action and was able to trace our OCI applications and were able to match up the passports with the OCI Regsitration.

Apparently, it appears that the BLS systems didn't receive an acknowledgement from the OCI status and thereby the match-up process never got started systematically.

I would also like to thank the BLS Washington Office's OCI team including their management who worked diligently to resolve the issue.

Wish you all a Happy New Year 2014!

Hi All

Wish you all a Happy & Prosperous New Year 2014.

I returned from India (went on Tourist Visa).
Finally I got my "passport match up" email from BLS SFO.

I opted for "pick up in person".
I will Fedex my US PP tomorrow.
Just need to know if I need to send anything else apart from the under given items in the email list.
Also "Do not provide a handwritten or manual UPS or FedEx air bill" does not apply to me coz I opted for "pick up in person".

Email from BLS
Your OCI Card has been received from Delhi and is now ready to be matched up with your original US or
non-Indian passport.
You must now send in your original US or non-Indian passport by mail only (no in person submissions)
to the BLS Outsourcing office where you submitted your OCI application.
You must send the exact same passport that you entered on your OCI application form.

It is strongly recommended to send in your passport by a trackable method such as FedEx or UPS.
Do not provide a handwritten or manual UPS or FedEx air bill.
Handwritten and manual airbills cannot be used by our office.

Instructions:
1) Print the attached mailing slip and attach it to the outside of your package to send your original US or
non-Indian passport to the BLS Outsourcing office.
2) Print a copy of this email and include it inside your package with your original US or
non-Indian passport.
3) Mail you original US or non-Indian passport to the address provided in the attached mailing slip.

Application No : usas0xxxxxxx
Passport No : 4xxxxxxx1

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: