OCI Status question

coolbhai

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I submitted my OCI/Renunciation application in person @SFO

Under given is the Status on BLS website
Your Application has been processed at BLS office and is ready to be submitted to Consulate General of India office. Kindly note it may take up to 48 working hours for status to change.
(Last Updated On 31-12-1969 19:00:00)

Two days back the "Last Updated on" date and time is showing up (with in correct date/time stamp).

Does anyone else have seen this thing happening?
Is there any other website to check for my OCI/Renunciation application status?

Thanks

Looks like I am stuck now.
God knows how many days it will take.
I have to travel on Dec-05-2013.
I am not if I will get my OCI by then.
The only alternative for me is to apply for an Entry Visa I guess.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How are you stuck ? If your application is ok... you should almost certainly get the OCI by Dec.

As per the new rules you can apply for tourist visa as well.

Hi non_linear

Yes your right in case I don't get my OCI some where third week of Nov'2013.
Then I have to go and apply for tourist visa.

I went in person to submit my OCI application and it was accepted after checking all my docs/copies.
When I asked BLS representative is everything ok she said that it is fine.

Today (Oct-09-2013) I called the BLS office SFO around 10 am lucky some answered my call.
First he asked me for my passport number (I gave my us passport number).
After a while he answers me back and said that my OCI application has been dispatched to the Indian Consulate.

But now how can I track my status on the Indian consulate side.
Is it through the BLS website?

Thank you for all the help.

Thanks non_linear

I just checked my OCI status at http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury
and it says as given under

Applicant Name XXXXX
File Acknowledgment Number USASXXXXXXX3
Date Of Acknowledgment 08-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission SAN FRANCISCO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

Thanks you for all the help.

above eryAyro

Hi Cool Bhai
Any update on your status. Mine is showing is the same as well. Thanks.

Applicant Name XXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment 02-OCT-2013
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON DC
OCI- Number

Hi great-ideas

Nope my status is still the same.

Applicant Name XXXXX
OCI- Number

Still waiting for it to change
I guess every one in MOIA/MHA are on vacation and/or busy celebrating navaratri/diwali.

I am worried whether I will get the OCI before December. I am thinking like applying for entry visa as I have a India trip coming up in early December.
Application submitted at BLS on 09/16/2013.Applicant Name XXXXX
OCI- Number

Thanks!

Hi non_linear

I opted for "pick up in person".
So say once my OCI is dispatched to SFO.
What should I do? Contact BLS or SFO Consulate?

So say once I take my US passport for match up will they return it the same day or
do I need to go once again for collecting the same.

Still waiting for my Documents Printing Status "UNDER-PROCESS" to change.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi non_linear

I opted for "pick up in person".
So say once my OCI is dispatched to SFO.
What should I do? Contact BLS or SFO Consulate?

So say once I take my US passport for match up will they return it the same day or
do I need to go once again for collecting the same.

Still waiting for my Documents Printing Status "UNDER-PROCESS" to change.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi coolbhai
BLS will send you email, you send them the passports, then the online status changes to "Ready for Pickup" (I never got email for this) and then you go and pick it up after 4:00 pm.

As vijay421201 mentioned, watch out for the "passport matchup" email form BLS. I mailed the US passport and the BLS status changed after a 7-10 days after which I picked up the OCI/PP/Renun.

Thank you Viajya421201 and non_linear

I just checked my OCI status and it still says as given under

Applicant Name XXXXX
OCI- Number

I have my travel date on Dec-02-2013.
Looks like I have to apply for a Entry/Tourist Visa (again I have to go thru all the scrap).

Thanks you guys for all the help.

Looking at my timeline I expect that you will see that your OCI will be issued any day now. It takes another 10 days for BLS to send you that email for matchup. If you hand deliver your US PP, you should get it back in less than a week.

I think there is no point in applying for a tourist visa before Nov 22 in your case. Also, if you know your OCI has already shipped from New Delhi and might come around Nov 22 or soon after, you can always let BLS and the consulate know about your travel plans so they can speed up their act. If and when the time comes to that, I'll let you know the right contacts at BLS and tips and tricks for CGI-SF (based on my experience). Relax - all 'll be well.

Non-linear, Anybody,

I spoke to one person at BLS and she doesn't think I may get the OCI card before Dec 4 at Washington DC. So I have decided to apply for entry visa for my wife. I will wait for my OCI card, if it is not coming before Dec 4, I would just postpone my trip alone as I need the OCI card for conducting some personal errand in India. My wife will continue with the plan for Dec 4. Now I have the following questions.
1) I would like to know if anybody has a document checklist for entry visa requirements.
2) Also Since I have already applied for renunciation of Indian passport and not received any confirmation about the same, will this cause any issue.
3) Also how much time it would take the whole process again. I am planning to apply by post/fedex as applying in person at the Washington DC office is requires around 5 hours travel for me one way.
Applicant Name XXXXX
OCI- Number

See below:

Non-linear, Anybody,

I spoke to one person at BLS and she doesn't think I may get the OCI card before Dec 4 at Washington DC. So I have decided to apply for entry visa for my wife. I will wait for my OCI card, if it is not coming before Dec 4, I would just postpone my trip alone as I need the OCI card for conducting some personal errand in India. My wife will continue with the plan for Dec 4. Now I have the following questions.
1) I would like to know if anybody has a document checklist for entry visa requirements.
------ Not sure why you are not going with Tourist Visa - the cheaper option.

2) Also Since I have already applied for renunciation of Indian passport and not received any confirmation about the same, will this cause any issue.
------ You will need to write the OCI application reference number and a cover letter about the pending renun.

3) Also how much time it would take the whole process again. I am planning to apply by post/fedex as applying in person at the Washington DC office is requires around 5 hours travel for me one way.
------ At SF a Tourist visa took about 8-10 days from the day it reached BLS. YMMV at DC.

Applicant Name XXXXX
OCI- Number

Thanks Non-Linear
I got a call from a person from BLS office and informed that my OCI Card has been approved. She said next step is that the status will change indicating documents printing or so. Then BLS will send me an acknowledgement email about the passport matchup process. But she is not sure when will all these thing happen. I am still worried wondering whether will it be done before Dec 4th. My status is still showing as UNDER-PROCESS. Earlier I have contacted BLS inquiring about the status.
I am just holding off the visa process for the time being.
Thanks