Registered Users (C)
Date Of Acknowledgment: 10-JUN-2008
Application Status
Registration Status: UnderProcess

Photo/Signature: Scanned On : 08-JUL-2008
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI

I have so far this much on the status page. How much more time its going to take this process to finish?

Thanks,
future

Application Status

I have so far this much on the status page. How much more time its going to take this process to finish?

Thanks,
future

I am surprised to see that it took 4 weeks from acknowledgment to scan.

If all goes well, you should, in the next 3-5 days, see dates for grant, print and dispatch from Delhi. After that, it should take a week to 10 days for documents to be received at NY CGI. At that time you will need to send your passports to them (per CGI-NY instructions) - it may take 1-2 weeks (or longer) to get your passports with OCI docs back.

Date Of Acknowledgment: 27-JUN-2008
Application Status

Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

This is what it shows on my OCI Enquiry Form. It doesnt show Photo/Signature: Scanned On. Is there some problem with my application? How will I know if there is some problem with my application, for example any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Date Of Acknowledgment: 27-JUN-2008
Application Status

Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

This is what it shows on my OCI Enquiry Form. It doesnt show Photo/Signature: Scanned On. Is there some problem with my application? How will I know if there is some problem with my application, for example any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you see the posting from 'futureuscitizen' - 2 posts before yours - you'll notice that it took 28 days from acknowledgment to scan. It's unusual, but can happen. So hang on for a few more days - it should start moving again.

Application Status

Thanks,
future
New status

Registration Status: Granted On 10-JUL-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 08-JUL-2008
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 10-JUL-2008
Documents Dispatched From Delhi On: NOT DISPATCHED

New status

Registration Status: Granted On 10-JUL-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 08-JUL-2008
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 10-JUL-2008
Documents Dispatched From Delhi On: NOT DISPATCHED

Great to see that your OCI was granted in a month and 3 days after photo/sign scan.... I am sweating about my OCI now... still no photo/sign scan

Please update your case status as it keeps on changing.... Thanks

Great to see that your OCI was granted in a month and 3 days after photo/sign scan.... I am sweating about my OCI now... still no photo/sign scan

Please update your case status as it keeps on changing.... Thanks

Should I send my US passport?
My indian passport is already with them...

whats the procedure for sending US passport and getting everything back?

Thank you all
future

Should I send my US passport?
My indian passport is already with them...

whats the procedure for sending US passport and getting everything back?

Thank you all
future

You can send your US passport as soon as the online status says that your OCI docs have been reached NY consulate. Follow the procedure as described in: http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=177&partid=100&sub=sub6

BTW, why is your Indian passport already with them (just curious)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does one need to send it with the application? I thought many here send it with US passport (both US and Indian passport sent together)?

I don't know about futureuscitizen's case, but you are right - you send your Indian passport for cancellation when you send you your US passport for OCI docs.

Does one need to send it with the application? I thought many here send it with US passport (both US and Indian passport sent together)?

CrossHairs - thats what I am planning to do also... send in both the passports to get the OCI stamped on US passport

But, I guess no harm in sending the Indian passport early, albeit the consulate doesnt loose it

I have received my OCI a few months ago from the New York Consulate. I sent my Indian passport and USA passport in the same packet after the processing was complete (and papers were received at the CGI NY) according to the status web site.

Everything went fine, they returned canceled Indian passport along with stamped USA passport and other documents. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thanks for all the updates futureuscitizen...

I had a question, did you mail with your passports your OCI Enquiry Page printout with the OCI reached at NYC shown?

I am in a hurry to go back to India and I was thinking of mailing my US passport as soon as it shows online that OCI documents have been dispatched from India rather than wait for them to wait NY and them mail out my passport. This way I hope to save a couple of days.