OCI services has been changed from Travisa Outsourcing to indian based BLS International company

VXG,

Did you see any other status on the GoI status website after "OCI Printing status - Under-Process"

I am wondering what other status messages one sees after this very first message of "Under-Process". Anyone ? I haven't seen this message in any previous posts in the past several months (other than VXG's), so I am thinking probably they have changed the way they show status.

Also, looks like the GoI OCI status website is not working since the past 2 days, I just see a blank page after entering my info and pressing "Get Status"

Non_Linear - So far that is the only status I've ever seen on the GoI website. No changes since I first checked.
I've seen in other posts they say things like "uploading photos, etc. etc." but so far nothing different in my case.
Last I checked was on Friday and it seemed to work at the time.

VXG.

Hi non_linear
I tried it couple of times today and I got the same blank screen. The webpage is blank just the brains of the employees at BLS :)

It's been 15 days since I submitted my OCI appln.

Can you tell me how to check the online status. When I go to "http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury" and enter my US passport number and File Reference Number, it says "No such record found".

can some one guide me here.

Thanks
rspr

OCI issues

Please does anybody have tel no of Travisa outsourcing ,
I have received my us passport and oci from bsl but they do not have my old passport , and renunciation certificate.
I got a message from BSL that I should contact Travisa

Hi,

I am applying for OCI and indian passport renunciation for my parents as family application.

Do i have to submit 2 nos of OCI related documents like copy of US passport, Form A/B, copy of naturalization certification, copy of driving licence, copy of indian passport? Of it is just 2 sets of form A and B and 1 each of other docs.

I will be sending renunciation application with 2 forms, original indian passport, naturalization copy and fees.

Do i need to notarize anything or self attestation of all photocopies will be ok?

This is the most complex application of my life so far!!!!

Thanks,
Tarang

Hi,

I am applying for OCI and indian passport renunciation for my parents as family application.

Do i have to submit 2 nos of OCI related documents like copy of US passport, Form A/B, copy of naturalization certification, copy of driving licence, copy of indian passport? Of it is just 2 sets of form A and B and 1 each of other docs.

I will be sending renunciation application with 2 forms, original indian passport, naturalization copy and fees.

Do i need to notarize anything or self attestation of all photocopies will be ok?

This is the most complex application of my life so far!!!!

Thanks,
Tarang

Be on safe side and send copies with each form as if you are applying for them individually.

Be on safe side and send copies with each form as if you are applying for them individually.

Ok, so i will be sending 2 passport copies, 2 naturalization certifcations, 2 proof of address for my father and mother as part of oci kit. How about notarization? Should i ask them just to self attest all photocopies?

Ok, so i will be sending 2 passport copies, 2 naturalization certifcations, 2 proof of address for my father and mother as part of oci kit. How about notarization? Should i ask them just to self attest all photocopies?

I think self-attest is all that is required. We did not notarize anything.

I think self-attest is all that is required. We did not notarize anything.

How about return envelope? Will USPS priority prepaid with handwritten label work? Prepaid sticker (airbill no which is i think a british word) will be computer generated.

I dont understand what these people need and why. Why they need return shipping label if i am already sending return envelope? Why photocopy of that return envelope? Ideally they should just charge some $ and manage shipping from their side.

How about return envelope? Will USPS priority prepaid with handwritten label work? Prepaid sticker (airbill no which is i think a british word) will be computer generated.

I dont understand what these people need and why. Why they need return shipping label if i am already sending return envelope? Why photocopy of that return envelope? Ideally they should just charge some $ and manage shipping from their side.

One more question on #21. My father is retired. BLS site says to provide employer details of last employer but when i selected Retired in LOV, employer details fields disappeared. I have filled and submitted the applications. Should i manually add those details in question 21 or attach a separate sheet of paper? So confusing.

One more question on #21. My father is retired. BLS site says to provide employer details of last employer but when i selected Retired in LOV, employer details fields disappeared. I have filled and submitted the applications. Should i manually add those details in question 21 or attach a separate sheet of paper? So confusing.

I went to postoffice and they refused to give tracking no for return priority envelope. Also BLS wants airbill (tracking no) of the envelope in which i am sending application. Who will give me that without weighing the packets?

Anyone who recently sent postal application with return envelope, can you please help how you did this?

I went to postoffice and they refused to give tracking no for return priority envelope. Also BLS wants airbill (tracking no) of the envelope in which i am sending application. Who will give me that without weighing the packets?

Anyone who recently sent postal application with return envelope, can you please help how you did this?

I sent my application with a USPS priority envelope w/ stamps & no tracking... Here is the latest status from OCI (Indian gov) website... Hope this helps...

Date Of Acknowledgment 05-OCT-2013
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

Status from BLS website...

Application Date 2013-09-24
Application Status Processing at Embassy

I sent my application with a USPS priority envelope w/ stamps & no tracking... Here is the latest status from OCI (Indian gov) website... Hope this helps...

Date Of Acknowledgment 05-OCT-2013
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS

Status from BLS website...

Application Date 2013-09-24
Application Status Processing at Embassy

Thanks. That is nice to know. So were you able to print bls order form without airbill no for return envelope? BLS call center told me that i wont be able to do that. Also did you send 2 photos one on each part A form or just 1 photo? I was reading instructions printed after part B and it was talking about each form A should have photo.

Hi all,
I was wondering how long it takes just for the passport "match up" stage in the OCI process these days. I sent my US passport to BLS(NY) on October 4th and have not heard back since. My online status on the BLS page for the past 60 days or so has been the same -"processing at consulate general" or some such.

Hi,

I have mailed my renunciation and OCI applications together and as per fedex the application was received by BLS on Dec 23 2013. Fast forward today BLS website is not showing any status update on my renunciation or OCI application, none of their phone numbers are working. I have sent in 3 emails and not a single one has been answered about this matter. This is so frustrating. Does anyone know any other phone that someone answers at NY center?

Have you tried the GOI tracker? They are pretty good about updating status. The BLS website does not update status until they get it back from Delhi.

Hi,

I have mailed my renunciation and OCI applications together and as per fedex the application was received by BLS on Dec 23 2013. Fast forward today BLS website is not showing any status update on my renunciation or OCI application, none of their phone numbers are working. I have sent in 3 emails and not a single one has been answered about this matter. This is so frustrating. Does anyone know any other phone that someone answers at NY center?