OCI services has been changed from Travisa Outsourcing to indian based BLS International company

Hi Madgu-gc-2005

When did you start the application ? What was the total processing time ?

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Hi Madgu-gc-2005,

Congrats on your new OCI card. :)

How many days did it take to receive your documents after you send it to BLS?

Thanks for sharing

Hi Madgu-gc-2005,

Congrats on your new OCI card. :)

How many days did it take to receive your documents after you send it to BLS?

Thanks for sharing

Thanks. The entire process took 2 months. BLS took 6 working days after they received the passport for matching up. Yours must be on its way.

Good luck

Hi Madgu-gc-2005,

After getting the OCI card along with renunciation of Indian passport, Is there any other process to be done?

Also what is a surrender certificate? Do we have to apply separately?

Feedback is much appreciated.

Hi Madgu-gc-2005,

After getting the OCI card along with renunciation of Indian passport, Is there any other process to be done?

Also what is a surrender certificate? Do we have to apply separately?

Feedback is much appreciated.

You would have sent two copies of filled in renunciation form when you applied for OCI card for yourself. You will get the cancelled indian passport, renunciation certificate along with your US passport where indian visa will be there.

Once you receive your OCI you are done with Indian consulate.

Great input. Thanks very much. Yes i remember I sent two copies of the renunciation form.

Great to know that no more process with the Indian consultate. What a relief..

Today my passports were delivered at bLS. Hope to get my documents next week.

No word from BLS after sending OCI appliation in - one week and counting

How long does it normally take for BLS International to acknowledge that they have received the OCI Application and update status on their website and send email?

So far it has been one week since the FedEx package I sent to them was delivered and I haven't heard anything from them. When attempting to look up status on their website it always returns "No Records Found".

So what gives? Have I just sent the application into a black hole? Are these people any good?

thanks,
VXG

VXG,

Let us know when you find out about your OCI app status online. My OCI app reached them today thro' USPS. It will be a surprise if I can get a hint of what the status is before a week from now.

BLS is a black hole literally. They are a bunch of cheap crap outsourcing company. We need to follow up every other day over the phone. No response through email.

Just hang in there.

My application was received 7/12, No update.
I kept calling BLS on a phone number which comes as busy, not working mode.
It connects after minimum of 30 minutes redialing.
The CS individual claims they are based in NY DT & have no clue most of the questions.
After 10-12 days found that Money order was not in correct order. I send new one again. As per USPS update no one was available at BLS Chicago office at 11.53am on Monday , this is really unbelievable , Finally got one more update that packet has been accepted at around 3pm. Now when I click on track application status on BLS I the update & says application received 08/06.

I’m not sure whether the incorrect money order will every come back to me. OR does that mean money gone. Please suggest

I would advise everyone applying that please call BLS regularly as they won't update you if your application is incorrect or missing any document. Honestly BLS is going to be nightmare for most of us applying for OCI now. That’s my personal gut feeling

They will not respond, please keep calling. Thats the only solution

Let us know when you find out about your OCI app status online. My OCI app reached them today thru' USPS. It will be a surprise if I can get a hint of what the status is before a week from now.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My US passport was delivered yesterday Aug. 6th to BLS, SFO. Status in the website says the same as Processing at Consulate General.

Called up the CS twice today and asked them whats the status and is there any expedited service for the match-up. They said the same "Processing at the consulate General" and No faster service is done for the match-up.

The first CS, hanged up the phone abruptly. The second CS, gave the same reponse but was quite respectful.

My mom is terminally ill in India. I need to go and visit her. Waiting for this OCI card.

Seriously I am in a dark tunnel now.

Is the BLS "Postal" tracking "Airway bill number" the same as the USPS tracking number ? I put the USPS tracking number and the frame on that screen goes blank. No error or any other message.

Oh... I should have driven those 45 minutes and handed over the application myself at SF. It will be a long time before they actually open my package, I guess.

I wonder what those BLS Group Aggarwals gave the MEA babus in Delhi to get this 3 year contract! I hope there is a SLA non-compliance clause in the contract so that the it can be cancelled midway - that is if Smt. Nirupama Rao cares for customer service.

My US passport was delivered yesterday Aug. 6th to BLS, SFO. Status in the website says the same as Processing at Consulate General.

Called up the CS twice today and asked them whats the status and is there any expedited service for the match-up. They said the same "Processing at the consulate General" and No faster service is done for the match-up.

The first CS, hanged up the phone abruptly. The second CS, gave the same reponse but was quite respectful.

My mom is terminally ill in India. I need to go and visit her. Waiting for this OCI card.

Seriously I am in a dark tunnel now.

You might get your OCI card at any time next week beginning considering my timeline (6-7 working days after they receive your passport). Do not rely on the online status because even after I received my OCI card still my application status says 'Processing at the consulate general'.

You might get your OCI card at any time next week beginning considering my timeline (6-7 working days after they receive your passport). Do not rely on the online status because even after I received my OCI card still my application status says 'Processing at the consulate general'.

Thanks for the input. Will keep this forum posted.

Is the BLS "Postal" tracking "Airway bill number" the same as the USPS tracking number ? I put the USPS tracking number and the frame on that screen goes blank. No error or any other message.

Oh... I should have driven those 45 minutes and handed over the application myself at SF. It will be a long time before they actually open my package, I guess.

I wonder what those BLS Group Aggarwals gave the MEA babus in Delhi to get this 3 year contract! I hope there is a SLA non-compliance clause in the contract so that the it can be cancelled midway - that is if Smt. Nirupama Rao cares for customer service.

The status is not been updated in the BLS website automatically. Wait for couple of days and check again or make an in person appointment.

BLS finance n marketing department must have heavily lobbied MEA through various projects to win the contract .

Do we need to send the Indian passport along with the very first application, or later with the US passport?
Can some one please answer this.