OCI Pickup at Chicago

spiritual

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I was wondering whether any of you have any experience in personally collecting the OCI documents at the consulate in Chicago.

Can I simply take my US passport to the consulate and pick up the OCI documents same day (between 2:00 and 4:00pm)?

Sending the passports by mail and getting the OCI seems to be taking forever (atleast with the Chicago consulate).

Thanks for sharing your comments/experience.

Anyone?

Guys - does ANYONE here experienced picking up their OCI documents at Chicago Consulate? Please post your experience.
Thanks

Unless you are in a absolute hurry why bother. As per Chicago tracker it takes just a week to get it back.

Clearly mark your envelope "FOR OCI DOCUMENTS" and that will take care of it.
Send you cancelled passport copy or send the uncancelled one for cancellation.

If you really feel you need to go there website states that it has to be done @ specific hours and make sure consulate is open.

Pickup at chicago

Looks like no one had experience in pickup of OIC documents @ consulate. Why don't you call or email Chicago Consulate and ask them. Their website or FAQ's does not say anything about picking up OCI directly. These days it is taking more than a month to get the U sticker stamped at Chicago looking at Chicago Traker.

Thanks Citi_slicker. Actually their embassy states that you can pick up the OCI from the embassy in person on "any working day between 2:00pm and 4:00pm".
I was just wondering whether anyone has actually done this or not.

I called the embassy but no one picks up - it just goes to voice mail.

Yes you can collect it in person between 4 and 5 pm the next day itself

Thanks Citi_slicker. Actually their embassy states that you can pick up the OCI from the embassy in person on "any working day between 2:00pm and 4:00pm".
I was just wondering whether anyone has actually done this or not.

I called the embassy but no one picks up - it just goes to voice mail.

I have Mine despatched from Delhi last4/27/07. I expect the docs to reach Chicago by May 7th. I am flying to India on May 10th ( I have tourist visa for 6 months). But if the doc reaches Chicago on May 7th, I am planning to go and collect it in person on May 8th. let me try.

I also emailed Mr. Badwal at Chicago office (he replies immediately) and learnt that once online status shows the date for "Received at Chicago", we can go in person and collect the U-sticker etc., the very next day between 4 and 5 pm (no need to go earlier to drop passport) or send via mail our passports after 10 days of dispatch from Delhi. You need not wait to get any info from them.

Last edited by a moderator: