OCI Part B questions

ramvij24

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about the OCI part B application form. For the question 21, Details of Family members, did you guys list all your relatives like Grand Mother, Uncle, Aunt etc or is it just father/mother/brother/sister. My parents don't live in India, what do you do in that case. I hope someone would be able to offer their insight on this question.

Ram.

You certainly do not have to include all. You could include your closest (most direct) family members.

My parents live in India, but I chose to not to list anybody because I felt that this was an optional section. My application has been acknowledged, but if my approach will be an issue will have to be seen. I am hoping that my case will be granted....

I have a question about the OCI part B application form. For the question 21, Details of Family members, did you guys list all your relatives like Grand Mother, Uncle, Aunt etc or is it just father/mother/brother/sister. My parents don't live in India, what do you do in that case. I hope someone would be able to offer their insight on this question.

Ram.

Thanks for the reply. I have another question with regard to copies. Did you make copy of Part A after you signed the application form or did you make the copy of Part A and then signed it. What did you do when you sent the application. So far this is what I am going to send. Can you verify or let me know if I am missing something.

1. Part A and Part B application forms 1 original + 1 copy. One pic on each of them.
2. One cancelled indian passport copy for the original form and one for the copy.
3. One US passport copy for the original form and one for the copy.
4. One Surrender certificate copy for the original form and one for the copy.
5. DL to show proof of address
6. $275 Money order to Consulate General of India, New York.
7. Four extra pics attached in case they need it.
8. Cover letter to point the above things.