OCI Online application issues

Sethumadhavan

Registered Users (C)
Need you help with a couple of questions

1) I filled and printed the forms A and B. But did not down load certificates. Prior to that. What is "Download Certificate" Means
2) For my son, I had to submit the form second time since i wrote the date of birth wrongly. So second time, I got a new number. is this OK? What happens to the first Form?

Thanks

Need you help with a couple of questions

1) I filled and printed the forms A and B. But did not down load certificates. Prior to that. What is "Download Certificate" Means
2) For my son, I had to submit the form second time since i wrote the date of birth wrongly. So second time, I got a new number. is this OK? What happens to the first Form?

Thanks

You do not have to download security certificate if the web page did not give you any errors.
please discard the first online submission and do not use its printout.
Take the printout from second submission(with correct DOB). Your application is complete only when the Indian Embassy gets your printed copy.
As you are not sending teh first printout, it will be discarded automatically.
Do not worry on this. I did same mistake.
hope this helps.

Thanks emno. Do we need to staple the extra photos to the main application? Also is it 2 or three extra photos we need to send?

Thanks emno. Do we need to staple the extra photos to the main application? Also is it 2 or three extra photos we need to send?

I am sending 2 extra photos. I am not sure about stapleing. I also wanted an answer to this.
I am planning to send the application this wekend.

Thanks Emno; we both will be in the same time frame. You are sending two separate Money orders, right? One for Fees and the other for courier?

I thought we send the form now and all the supporting documents with one money order. Once it says that OCI's dispatched, then we send the actual US passport. Am I wrong or missing something from the instructions to send two money orders?. I am sending it to NY.

Thanks Emno; we both will be in the same time frame. You are sending two separate Money orders, right? One for Fees and the other for courier?

It will be another happy journey with you.
I am sending only one check. It says at the web site that you can combine the two. but you can not combine the SC and OCI fees.
I thought we send the form now and all the supporting documents with one money order. Once it says that OCI's dispatched, then we send the actual US passport. Am I wrong or missing something from the instructions to send two money orders?. I am sending it to NY.

to be safe side I just included another $20 in the fee. If they want, I will send another $20 at the time of OCI dispatch.