Oci Need Help

colnago24

Registered Users (C)
I'm in the process of applying for OCI in New York. I know US passport is only the picture page needs to be notorised but I have 9 pages for the Indian passport do I need to get each and every page of the Indian passport to be notorised with the notary seal and signature or just get the photo page notorised.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of applying for OCI in New York. I know US passport is only the picture page needs to be notorised but I have 9 pages for the Indian passport do I need to get each and every page of the Indian passport to be notorised with the notary seal and signature or just get the photo page notorised.
Thanks in advance.

We applied (and successfully completed the process) thru San Francisco consulate and everything was self-attested. I am not sure if New York consulate insists on notarized copies and, if so, what pages must be notarized. I am sure people with NYC experience will respond with additional details.

Houston consulate says only copy the pages with personal information. I only sent first and last pages, self attested and had no problem.
What does NY site say agout self attesting?

Oci

New York Consulate wants Notorised.
Question I had my picture taken with white background I could not find any place were they have Light color background. Will this cause any issues?
Any one from New York can please help on this case.

Hi colnago24,
I got my OCI done through the New York consulate, recently. For both passports (US and Indian) I had only sent the page containing photo and personal information. I had sent a notarized copy as you have mentioned. As for the photo, I used a white background one and it worked fine.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Regards,

should not cause any issues. i have seen lot of threads which says white is ok. I myself used a free software and printed 6 passport size photos (2x2) on a 4x6 sheet for 19 c at walgreens. it had a light background.

should not cause any issues. i have seen lot of threads which says white is ok. I myself used a free software and printed 6 passport size photos (2x2) on a 4x6 sheet for 19 c at walgreens. it had a light background.

19c for 6 PP size photos! Way too cool ... I'm so tired of shelling out $15 to Kinko's every time ...

What free software did you use?

The one I used is
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

I used it for everything in US so far. never had a problem. You need to make sure to take photo correctly so that it will fit in the template provided at the site. Then it cuts it and makes a 4x6 with 6 photos. When it takes you to second step, you do not have to register for any services, though the website made it as if you have to register to other photo print websites to get the copy.

I applied thru CGNY, I just did self-attested the information pages of US and canceled Indian passport copies. Our applications are acknowledge and are under processing. I don't believe one has to notarize copies for CGNY.

Thanks,

The one I used is
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

I used it for everything in US so far. never had a problem. You need to make sure to take photo correctly so that it will fit in the template provided at the site. Then it cuts it and makes a 4x6 with 6 photos. When it takes you to second step, you do not have to register for any services, though the website made it as if you have to register to other photo print websites to get the copy.

Thanks for the link N400Atl.