OCI Miscellaneous Services: Questions about transfer to new passport

antonc

Registered Users (C)
My passport was recently renewed. As a person of an age greater than 50 ;) I have to get an new OCI sticker and booklet in the new passport (I cannot carry the old cancelled passport with valid U sticker and booklet) In fact, every time I get a new passport, I have to apply online and get a new U sticker and booklet :(

I have gone through the Document posted in the NYC Consulate, but am confused. Do I need to submit one form ? or duplicate with two photographs and application.

If some one has gone through this before in NYC, please advice.

The link at the consulate is http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=173&partid=100&sub=sub6

My passport was recently renewed. As a person of an age greater than 50 ;) I have to get an new OCI sticker and booklet in the new passport (I cannot carry the old cancelled passport with valid U sticker and booklet) In fact, every time I get a new passport, I have to apply online and get a new U sticker and booklet :(

antonc: I don't believe you need to do it every time you get new passport. I believe only one time is what's needed for people older than 50. Please do check and let us know if you share the same opinion.

-RN

antonc: I don't believe you need to do it every time you get new passport. I believe only one time is what's needed for people older than 50. Please do check and let us know if you share the same opinion.

-RN

Correct. I re-read the paragraph. I have to get it, since it is the 1st time post 50 :) However, do I need to send the form in duplicate or just one form ?

I read the instructions and I thought it was clear that you only submit one form in original along with the supporting documents requested. You would want to keep a photocopy of everything that you submit though.

I read the instructions and I thought it was clear that you only submit one form in original along with the supporting documents requested. You would want to keep a photocopy of everything that you submit though.

So did I, till some *monkey-see-monkey-do* told me all OCI matter forms in duplicate.

Thanks for re-affirming, I also walked over yesterday lunch time to the Consulate to double-check. (What a zoo the basement has become.. but that's for another story)

So did I, till some *monkey-see-monkey-do* told me all OCI matter forms in duplicate.

Thanks for re-affirming, I also walked over yesterday lunch time to the Consulate to double-check. (What a zoo the basement has become.. but that's for another story)

So they confirmed that you only need to submit one form in original, right? As for the Consulate itself, the less said, the better. They need to a bigger space, better management and more resources working there.

So they confirmed that you only need to submit one form in original, right? As for the Consulate itself, the less said, the better. They need to a bigger space, better management and more resources working there.

Affirmative.
I think the consulate has right amount of space in fact luxurious. Have you visited the Consulate on floors above ? Now that they have outsourced 99% of visa operations why do they need more space ? When I first got my Indian visa in the late 90s it was super efficient. Drop off in the morning, collect it the same afternoon.

One month and 7 days after mailing it to CGINY, my OCI was transfered to the new passport. I dropped it off in the morning, and picked it up in the afternoon.