OCI Miscellaneous Services Issues

dhari1

Registered Users (C)
Problems with OCI Miscellaneous Services

Hi

My daughter who is 5 years old, just got a new US passport. However when attempting to utilize the OCI Miscellaneous services, I get the error - that the record is not found in their database.

I suspect that it may have to do with an extra space in the place of birth (However if I put an extra space in the application, it doesnt take it)

The same process worked fine for my son.

Has anybody gone through this issue before ? I reached out to the email address given on the website and am waiting to hear back

Issue resolved

I sent an email to BN Shetty from NIC, he was very prompt and they have fixed the issue

OCI Misc. Services at CGI-NYC

My kids have new passports, and I generated the online application for the OCI Miscellaneous services to update their OCI info in the new passport.

Nowhere in the instructions does it say whether I need to include any additional pictures, other than what is pasted on the application.

Has anybody gone through this process with CGI at NYC? Do they need additional pictures

I've not been successful in contacting anybody there.

Any info about the OCI misc. process is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Dhari1,
Did you have issues with security settings and authenticity of the certificate.
I have tried this on three web browsers, fire fox, internet explorer and Opera and all of them give me a warning that this site is not secured and no private information should be shared.
Please let me know
Thanks
Spire

OCI Misc service online application website security problem

Has anyone else encountered security issues with the OCI Misc service website for online application?
I have tried this on three web browsers: Opera, Fire Fox and Internet Explorer and all of them give me the same message - that this website is not secure and no personal information should be shared.

Yes, I get the same security warning. Add Google Chrome to the list of browsers that shows the security warning.

I am trying to get the OCI re-issued for my 5-year-old son who has a new passport.

Even after entering all the information as they appear on the passport/OCI Registration card the online registration form shows a message that the entered information does not match the database.

Is there any specific way that the information should be entered?

I entered the information as below:

Old Passport Number: 30XXXXX09
U-Visa No: 1XXXX4
Date of Birth: 3X/XX/20XX
Place of Birth: New York USA
Mother's Name: SXXXXXXX X PXXXX

Please Note the the X's are numbers for PP number,U-Visa and DOB and X's are alphabets for the mother's name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had the same problem, when I entered the data despite the fact that the site was unsecured.
How did you deal with the non secured web site issue?

I had the same problem, when I entered the data despite the fact that the site was unsecured.
How did you deal with the non secured web site issue?

I just ignored the warning and proceeded to the website.

I believe that security warning is very common to most websites hosted in India. It may have something to do with a security certificate that admins in India use that is not properly recognized by the browsers. I think it is just fine to ignore the warning(Just my opinion though!)

Finally figured it out!

Tried various combination of entering the data and when I entered OCI Registration No. instead of the U-Visa number the database check passed and my registration was accepted.

Moral of the story? Keep trying all possible combinations of data entry into the miscellaneous services form. One will work!

Hope this will help some one.

Wasn't your Registration number the same as the U number?

Now that i am ignoring all the security issues, I am still having trouble matching the database.

I took your advice and have tried all the numbers possible...
any other suggestions?

Wasn't your Registration number the same as the U number?

Now that i am ignoring all the security issues, I am still having trouble matching the database.

I took your advice and have tried all the numbers possible...
any other suggestions?

Yes, the OCI Registration # is the same as U-Visa number except the OCI Registration # starts with "A"(It could be different alphabet in your case). So instead of entering 1XXXX4 in U-Visa number I entered A1XXXX4 in the OCI Registration # field and that matched the database.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help.
Problem has now been resolved!

I also have concluded that it really helps to keep all the original OCI application documents, so that the data can be entered exactly the same way as it was in the original application. My place of birth had been entered only as India (no city included) so in the OCI Misc service application I had to enter it as only India again (no city) in order to match the existing database on their website!

Timeline for OCI Miscellaneous Services

Hi. I have had a new passport for a few months, and I know I can travel to India using both old and new passport (old one has the U-visa), but for convenience I would like to get a new U-visa.

However, I also travel abroad for work (not usually to India) fairly often and I'm trying to figure out how to do this so that I'm not stuck without a passport. Can anyone relate their experiences in getting a new U-visa issued to a new passport? How long were you without your passport?

I am in Texas, in the service area for CGI Houston.

Thanks.

Timeline

Guys can some one tell me roughly how long it takes to get this U visa reissued on my dependants New Passport.

Still waiting

Guys can some one tell me roughly how long it takes to get this U visa reissued on my dependants New Passport.

It has been 4 weeks since I sent in my children's forms for OCI re-issue to CGI New York. I still have not gotten an acknowledgement on their website. Does anyone know if this is normal ?

I had a bad experience the first time I applied for our OCI at CGNY. They did not acknowledge for several months & I had to escalate to the Consul General as nobody returned phone calls/emails to get my case moving.

Dhari1,
Did you have issues with security settings and authenticity of the certificate.
I have tried this on three web browsers, fire fox, internet explorer and Opera and all of them give me a warning that this site is not secured and no private information should be shared.
Please let me know
Thanks
Spire

Yes, I got these errors, but I ignored them.

My kids have new passports, and I generated the online application for the OCI Miscellaneous services to update their OCI info in the new passport.

Nowhere in the instructions does it say whether I need to include any additional pictures, other than what is pasted on the application.

Has anybody gone through this process with CGI at NYC? Do they need additional pictures

I've not been successful in contacting anybody there.

Any info about the OCI misc. process is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I am going through the process with CGNY. I just got my acknowledgement yesterday (It takes 4 weeks).

To answer your question, you are right - there is no information as such. To be on the safe side, include an additional photograph with the application (Since you get 2 passport photos always - might as well be on the safe side)