OCI - Houston (Passport sent, no response)

stallam

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My oCI was approved back in Nov '06, and documents received at Houston on Nov 28 '06.

Since I haven't reveived any email / confirmation asking me to send the US passort, and it's been almost 3+ months, I have decided to send the passport by mail.

I have sent my US passport (along with Indian passport to be cancelled) to Houston's office on Mar 3, and it was received by the Consul's office on Mar 5.

It has been almost 3 weeks, and I haven't received my passport and I need it badly to do business travel (not to India)..

Any thoughts on how to get my passport back ? My attemptions to contact Houston office (email / tel#) have not been succesful.

Should I just go to Houston and ask for my passport back ? (I live in Atlanta) Did anybody has similar experience ?

Thanks in advance.
Sam.

I almost have the same problem. I applied for OCI in January of 2007. Got approved and the documents were received at Houston on February 14th. But I had not heard from Houston and sent my passport last saturday(03/24/07). I have not received the confirmation of the receipt of my passport. I am also worried about getting my passport back. I tried contacting the Houston consulate before, but was unsuccessful. I had sent my Indian passport to be cancelled along with my OCI application, along with the extra postage with self-addressed envelope. But I have not received the Indian passport(cancelled) yet also. Anybody had a similar experience and do they know what is the time frame for getting the OCI certificate and the stamped passport back?

Thanks in Advance.

Got my passport back...

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know, I've received my US passport (along with cancelled indian passport) back exactly after 3 weeks (via Fedex).

Thanks,
Sam.