OCI - dropped middle name

gongura

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My first + middle + last name contains more than 35 characters. So, while applying USA passport I dropped the middle name. Now I read in this forum that it is going to be a problem while applying OCI card? What are my options for me now to get OCI or PIO?

thanks
bsk

You will go through the same trouble 'cause of dropping the middle name for both OCI or PIO. Search through the forums, you will find other threads about what to do if the names don't match.
Good Luck

Hi,

My first + middle + last name contains more than 35 characters. So, while applying USA passport I dropped the middle name. Now I read in this forum that it is going to be a problem while applying OCI card? What are my options for me now to get OCI or PIO?

thanks
bsk

1. Whats on your Driving License?
2. Whats on your SSN card ?
3. Whats on your Naturalization Certificate?
4. Did you put your middle on your n-400?

1. Whats on your Driving License?
2. Whats on your SSN card ?
3. Whats on your Naturalization Certificate?
4. Did you put your middle on your n-400?

If the name on Indian passport appears as First+Middle+Last (with more than 35 characters) and you drop the middle name to reduce the characters, then it's considered a name change according to the Indian consulate. They won't take a look at DL, SSN, NC, or even birth certificate. The name on OCI application must match the Indian passport..and if it doesn't then it's a name change.