OCI - Chicago Tracker

Snay, can you tell me how you contacted the Chicago consulate? I am trying to reach them over phone and via there web site, no response. Thanks!

I tried to call them in the time slot they said - Didnt work; the phone was always busy.
I emailed them via their "contact us" - Didnt respond.
I checked the status online everyday. many times a day also.

Thanks! I will try to call them again in next couple of days. Hope they will respond if not i will have to go to their Chicago office - what a wast of time!!!

Thanks guys. I contacted them through the above template only. I guess, I should expect to receive my application back as they are acknowledging applications sent during last 3 weeks.

I am in the same boat. OCI applied @ Chicago on Apr 5th. No acknowledgement yet. I sent the e-mail through the website. I don't think they will respond either. It says 6-8 weeks to acknowledge.

I has been over month and a half since we got Acknowledgement for Family OCI application. Applied by mail on March 16.
However, my kids individual application got approved and granted on April end.
I'm very frustrated with my family application as I'm not getting any feedback from Chicago consulate despite sending emails or they are not picking up phone or you get busy tone or you always get voice instuctions.

updated timeline:
04/09/10 : OCI App Mailed to Chicago (USPS Priority Certified Mail)
04/12/10 : OCI App received
04/23/10 : Date of Acknowledgment
05/06/10 : Photo/Signature Scanned

update:
05/08/10 : Registration Status Granted

Snay

The acknowledged my application on May 2nd.

Snay, Was yours family or individual OCI application? I can't figure out how these applications are processed. Hope not by a monkey sitting in Chicago office :) Thanks

Update:
05/11/10 : Documents Printed

I has been over month and a half since we got Acknowledgement for Family OCI application. Applied by mail on March 16.
However, my kids individual application got approved and granted on April end.
I'm very frustrated with my family application as I'm not getting any feedback from Chicago consulate despite sending emails or they are not picking up phone or you get busy tone or you always get voice instuctions.

Finally, my application got acknowledged today exactly after 8 weeks..Too long..Atleast, I'm half glad it is in process!!!

Update:
05/11/10 : Documents Printed
05/13/10 : Documents despatched from Delhi