OCI - Chicago Tracker

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will be going today to the consulate. I do not have the ACK but taking a printout from the website, hopefully they will accept it.

...and done

Went to consulate around 4PM. Gave the PP and web print out of the status. Consular officer returned with the PP in 25 minutes, as simple as that. no questions asked.

Mailed in the first week of Apr 07.
Approved on 19th Sept and Chicago consulate received on 29th.

That's it. All done.

Good luck for every one.

Looks like Chicago is slowly catching up now. I sent my application on May 15th and it's showing up as acknowledeged today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Chicago is slowly catching up now. I sent my application on May 15th and it's showing up as acknowledeged today.

Congrats!! I submitted on the same day but have not heard back;even my Cashier's check is not encashed yet. When did they encash your payment? Do share that information, if you have.

Thanks.

Congrats!! I submitted on the same day but have not heard back;even my Cashier's check is not encashed yet. When did they encash your payment? Do share that information, if you have.

Thanks.

I sent a money order. So not sure when exactly they cashed.

Some progress

I sent my application on May 21, it showed up as acknowledged, UnderProcess on Oct 4th. Today it shows

Registration Status GrantedOn 09-OCT-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-OCT-2007
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

They had even left me a message at my home on Oct 4th asking for some additional info (date of naturalization). I had more or less given up on it.

I sent a money order. So not sure when exactly they cashed.

Do you suggest that I should personally pay a visit to the consulate? I have seen a few postings where applications that were sent in at a later date than mine (15th May), have been acknowledged? I also assume they send acknowledgement in mail.

Do you suggest that I should personally pay a visit to the consulate? I have seen a few postings where applications that were sent in at a later date than mine (15th May), have been acknowledged? I also assume they send acknowledgement in mail.

Wait for couple of weeks and see. They might have a lot of backlog they are clearing.

My status changed today.
Registration Status Granted On 11-OCT-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11-OCT-2007

Status changed again today :)
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 14-OCT-2007

Wait for couple of weeks and see. They might have a lot of backlog they are clearing.

Finally, things have started moving -

Registration Status Granted On 16-OCT-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 16-OCT-2007

Love this forum. Thank you Rajiv Khanna and everyone actively posting on the forum. I used it during our USCitizenship applications. And now I am visiting it almost everyday for OCI. I have been checking the OCI status online and finally it has changed today :)
For those of you who are interested, thought it would be useful to post my family's (myself, my husband and my daughter's) OCI status:

Sent Family Application (via USPS Priority) On 8-JUNE-2007
Date of Acknowledgement 17-OCT-2007
Registration Status Granted On 18-OCT-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 18-OCT-2007
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Received at CHICAGO NOT YET

congrats. Hopefully the end is near for this ordeal.

Thanks. It certainly looks so.

Documents Printing Status - Printed
Documents Printed on - 20-OCT-2007

Chicago consulate has also been responsive. They replied promptly to my questions. For the benefit of others on this thread.. it is not necessary to have a copy of the acknowledge letter while sending for OCI documents and U sticker. If the status has changed to "received at Chicago", all the supporting documents can be sent as prescribed.

Thanks. It certainly looks so.

Documents Printing Status - Printed
Documents Printed on - 20-OCT-2007

Chicago consulate has also been responsive. They replied promptly to my questions. For the benefit of others on this thread.. it is not necessary to have a copy of the acknowledge letter while sending for OCI documents and U sticker. If the status has changed to "received at Chicago", all the supporting documents can be sent as prescribed.

Well they returned one of my friend's oci collection envelope thinking that it's a new application. When my friend called them they are blaming it on USPS. But so far he hasn't received the envelope back and it's been 10 days. I don't know how USPS can reject something as soon as they see OCI on the envelope or it's some lazy guy at the consulate who did it.

Status updated again today.

Documents Despatched From Delhi On 17-OCT-2007
Documents Received at CHICAGO NOT YET

Update

Just an update on my OCI status:

Date Of Acknowledgment 04-OCT-2007

Registration Status Granted On 09-OCT-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-OCT-2007
Documents Received at CHICAGO On 22-OCT-2007

My status is updated as well. I am sending the passports today.

My status is updated as well. I am sending the passports today.

Great! I assume you are sending w/o the actual acknowledgement receipt. Do share your experience. Best of luck !

Great! I assume you are sending w/o the actual acknowledgement receipt. Do share your experience. Best of luck !

I sent it with the acknowledgement receipt. I received it last week. One of my friends didn't get it. So he printed the webpage showing it as received in Chicago and sent it with the passports.He got everything back just fine.