OCI Card Dispatched to NY Consulate on Aug 19th - Online status inquiry shows as "not received yet"

soKrazzy4

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My OCI cards (self+family) were dispatched to the NY Consulate on Aug 19th. However the Online inquiry status is showing the document status as "NOT YET".

The ticker running below the online status inquiry suggests to contact the office/mission after 10 days from the date of dispatch or from the receipt of document whichever is early

I tried contacting them via email and via phone no provided on the web for OCI status inquiry and guess what - no one replies or picks up the phone! Sounds familiar?

Anyway, my question is - has anyone in similar situation gone ahead to the consualte and picked their OCI card eventhough the document status is showing as "Not received"?. I just don't want to take a day off and go to the consulate, only to find that the cards have not yet arrived.

Any clarification is highly appreciated.

soKrazzy4,

I am waiting for my OCI to reach the Consulate. My date is the same as yours. I am thinking of sending an email (phone call - I would not bother), although from recent experience I would not expect any response just as you have experienced. I hope somebody who has been successfully able to contact the consulate will post their experience. I read someone's timeline (not with CGNY or maybe), it took about 19 days for the OCI to reach the consulate. So, I will wait until the end of the week and then again start to think about how to reach the Consulate.

redbaron.

OCI Received at CGI NY

Thanks redbaron.

:cool:

Looks like i spoke a day too early. My OCI was received at CG NY today . Here is my overall timeline

OCI and SC applied separately.

OCI applied on 9th JUL -

OCI STATUS ->

Registration Status Granted On 18-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-AUG-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 18-AUG-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 19-AUG-2010
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 09-SEP-2010