OCI Card and U-Visa got in 20 days

sudha1999

Registered Users (C)
To my surprise, I got my OCI Card and U-Visa on my US Passport under 3 weeks. This is the same time frame (standard process) that I got my US Passport. Hope every one will get their OCI cards sooner than expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello-- congratulations on getting your OCI so fast. Your US passport took a while tho. I mean, it was fast, but not as fast as others.

To my surprise, I got my OCI Card and U-Visa on my US Passport under 3 weeks. This is the same time frame (standard process) that I got my US Passport. Hope every one will get their OCI cards sooner than expected.

Congrats sudha,

I have observed that you sent your passports on the days they have been dispatched from delhi, way before they have been recd. at consulate.

Sudha1999,

when you applied for OCI at SFO, did they return your Indian passport or keep it?

Yes, I got my Indian Passport back with a red ink stamp " PASSPORT CANCELLED AS ACQUIRED U.S. NATIONALITY" on the first page of passport book.

Congrats sudha,

I have observed that you sent your passports on the days they have been dispatched from delhi, way before they have been recd. at consulate.

Yes, I did send my US passport after checking the online status. I sent my US Passport as soon as the documents dispatched from Delhi. It is a good idea to send US Passport soon after the docs. dispatched from Delhi. The mail transit time from Delhi to CGI SF and the mail transit time from your home to CGISF will reduce the wait time for OCI Card.

The following message at the bottom of the online status also gives similar suggestion.

"Ordinarily, OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from the date of acknowledgment".

Last edited by a moderator:
80 cents stamp

Sudha,
Did CGISF ask for an extra stamp of 80 cents? Thanks
pc2k2@yahoo.com