OCI Application Section 23 - Arrest/Criminal Proceedings

PushpakPatil

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an arrest record in US from 3 years ago. The case was later dismissed (no guilty plea was ever entered). The application does not indicate what I would need to send in with my applicaiton. What impact does arrests have on OCI? Has anyone in similar case received that OCI? If so, what additional documentation was requested (if any)??

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did u go about applying your OCI?

Hi Pushpak,

I have a similar case where my misdemeanor has been expunged. Did u reveal this information on your OCI application? How did u go about applying your OCI?
what was the final outcome?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Coolfriend, did you receive any advise on how to go about your case?

There are people with similar situation. did you find out anything about how to answer that question?

thanks.

Applied for OCI , revealed all the information, got the oci card in a month.
They returned the court documents that i provided.

You will not have any issues if you reveal the criminal info.

Honesty is the best policy :) It gives me peace of mind that i revealed everything and there can be no issues in the future in terms of they revoking the OCI if they find out.
Thats what they tell on the application form that hiding any material fact can result in revocation and maybe permanent bar from entering India.

Cheers.

@coolfriend_32 - Thanks for sharing your case status. Very helpful. Could you also please share what additional court documentation did you provide? Did you need to get certified court disposition documents and submit them?