OCI Application Q

vijayrc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Got my passport. In the process of applying OCI. Just thought would get the opinion here, as the more I read in CGI and more in this thread, the more I'm getting confused :confused:

Myself: Has US PP --------->>Applying for OCI
Spouse: Has US PP--------->>Applying for OCI
Kid: Has US PP + PIO Card-->>Applying for OCI

[Thought would apply for KID for an OCI to replace PIO so all are in the same boat]. Is this a good idea ?

Form A: Should I apply as Individual for each one of us or as a Family Group? If so the Reference # is just one for the three of us.
OR
Should I apply all 3 separate and get three different FORM A and a common FORM B?
If so, three different Reference #s for each one of us ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[Thought would apply for KID for an OCI to replace PIO so all are in the same boat]. Is this a good idea ?
Yes

Form A: Should I apply as Individual for each one of us or as a Family Group? If so the Reference # is just one for the three of us.
Group..you will still get 3 different form a and one form BOR
Should I apply all 3 separate and get three different FORM A and a common FORM B?
That is what the above will do. But you if still want to apply separately, it will be the same thing except that you will get 3 copies of the Part B print out
Reference #s are always one per applicant even though you apply as a group. That gets translated to a file number and a visa number which you will find in the OCI visa affixed to your passport and also in the OCI booklet you receive from the consulate

Thanks

Yes

Group..you will still get 3 different form a and one form BOR
That is what the above will do. But you if still want to apply separately, it will be the same thing except that you will get 3 copies of the Part B print out
Reference #s are always one per applicant even though you apply as a group. That gets translated to a file number and a visa number which you will find in the OCI visa affixed to your passport and also in the OCI booklet you receive from the consulate

Thanks

Thank you Sir for the replies. It cleared all the doubts I had...

My PP came and Naturalization Certificate didn't. I read that sometimes it is in a separate mailing. Should I wait until it comes for OCI application or no where a reference to Naturalization Certificate referred...???

Thank you Sir for the replies. It cleared all the doubts I had...

My PP came and Naturalization Certificate didn't. I read that sometimes it is in a separate mailing. Should I wait until it comes for OCI application or no where a reference to Naturalization Certificate referred...???
No you dont have to wait for your NC. For OCI app, you need your US passport number ,date of issue etc and also need to send copies of US and Indian passport. For kids, copy of PIO as well if they have one.

Another question:
This is what I have done so far. [CGI-NY]
Registered Online as Family for Me/Spouse/Mnor Kid and got three Registration No and printed 3 Form A - One each for each applicant

Myself: Form A + Duplicate Form A
Spouse: Form A + Duplicate Form A
Minor Kid: Form A + Duplicare Form A
+
One Form B for the entire family + Duplicate Form B

2[pasted on 2 Form A's] + 3 additional Photographs enclosed for each applicant

Myself: US + Indian Passport copies [relevant pages] - Self attested
Spouse: US + Indian passport copies [relevant pages] - Self attested
Minor Kid: US + PIO copies - Self Attested ...?? with his thumbprint ?????????

CC/Mo: $275+$275+$25 [Kid who has PIO] as one single Cashier's cheque attached to Form A of mine.

Is this complete....Or Form B has to be attached individually for all applicants with Form A ?

2[pasted on 2 Form A's] + 3 additional Photographs enclosed for each applicant

Is this complete....Or Form B has to be attached individually for all applicants with Form A ?

vijayrc: I'm almost certain you have mailed your application to CGINY by now. Did you enclose just 1 copy of From B for the entire family?

Vijayrc (brithar)
Your list is quite exhaustive, you are brilliant. ;)
So where are you in the process of getting your OCI?
Curious to know.

Balamani(Bala)

Vijayrc (brithar)
Your list is quite exhaustive, you are brilliant. ;)
So where are you in the process of getting your OCI?
Curious to know.

Balamani(Bala)

Birather,
Granted and Document dispatched to NY.
See my signature...and did you get yours...[email otherwise..same screenname..hotmail]