OCI and domestic travel in India

complex_dude

Registered Users (C)
Fellows,
This would be my first travel to India after getting OCI card.

Just wanted to check if OCI card holders qualify for regular domestic airfares (e.g. jet airways/IA) applicable to Indian citizens, or do we have to pay higher fares applicable to foreign nationals ?
Or is this a grey area ?

Anyone with first hand experience, please advise.

If there's a more appropriate forum for this question, let me know, I'll post there.

Thanks,
-cd

Last time I booked with Kingfisher, they had the same rates for both residents and non-residents. I believe that in general they have done away with different rates.

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I checked Jet airways a couple of months ago, they still had hugely different rates in the two categories.

Thanks a lot again. The only flight I was a bit concerned about is when I checkin for domestic flight after arriving at Mumbai International airport (from within the Internation airport). I remember last time Jet Airways asked for my passport so they can verify I arrived on international flight to allow international baggage limit.

But seems like it should not be an issue. So thanks again.

Booking tickets from travelocity.in or expedia.co.in results in one fare. Actually sometimes the USD rate works out cheaper by a few dollars on IT due to saving on charges to convert into INR charges on your credit card.