OCI - All done

gc_man

Registered Users (C)
Took 30 days from the time travisa got the Passports to finally get it back to me on 12/23. Stellar service overall.

11/08/2011 5:20pm PST Service order form completed online
11/23/2011 12:25pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
11/23/2011 3:06pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/25/2011 9:09am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/25/2011 7:11pm PST Documents received by Consulate
11/30/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
12/15/2011 4:38pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
12/19/2011 9:50am PST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
12/19/2011 3:23pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
12/20/2011 8:31am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
12/20/2011 11:14am PST Documents received by Consulate
12/21/2011 4:26pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
12/21/2011 4:39pm PST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

I am all done with my US citizenship plus OCI now. Thanks to this forum for all the great support. Best of luck to all.

OCI for minor

Hello,
I have applied for OCI for my son and now he got OCI approved at Delhi and the documents are at Consulate. I need to send his passport to Travisa to process further. My question is initially when I applied I mentioned as pickup when the OCI is ready to pickup and also included a fedex return label for safety purpose if at all if my plan changes at least they can send it by mail. Now when you are sending the passport Do we need to include the fedex return label again or juet passprt is enough?

Thanks
Vinod

Hello,
I have applied for OCI for my son and now he got OCI approved at Delhi and the documents are at Consulate. I need to send his passport to Travisa to process further. My question is initially when I applied I mentioned as pickup when the OCI is ready to pickup and also included a fedex return label for safety purpose if at all if my plan changes at least they can send it by mail. Now when you are sending the passport Do we need to include the fedex return label again or juet passprt is enough?

The passport should be all you need to send. If you have a copy of the return label and want to be extra sure, just send that along.

* Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Issues

hello gc_man.,

Please help me out , present Iam planning apply for the OCI cards (myself + wife + 17 years old kid + 12 years kid)

1) Iam not clear about shipping and return shipping lable.
Totally confused. if chance please provide step by step procedure how to get the return shipping lable.
2) 4 part As + 1 part B + 4 renunciation forms + only one trivasa order form

3) copy the step 2 documents for 2nd setup (duplicates)

4) total fee -> 290 x 4 + 190 x 4 = $ 1920 for single money order, payble to "Trivisa Outsourcing".

In this case , I would greatly appreciate your help.

Good luck for all members who are waiting for their cases.

- usinsuser99

hello gc_man.,

Please help me out , present Iam planning apply for the OCI cards (myself + wife + 17 years old kid + 12 years kid)

1) Iam not clear about shipping and return shipping lable.
Totally confused. if chance please provide step by step procedure how to get the return shipping lable.

>> You generate a shipping label by going to like a Fedex or UPS. I did it by opening an account (free) online with Fedex.com. And then you can pre-generate a shipping label from Travisa office (lets say SFO) to your home address. Put an approx weight etc. Its pretty easy to do it once you login to Fedex.com. Once the actual shipment is packed by Travisa, it will be adjusted to the actual weight.

2) 4 part As + 1 part B + 4 renunciation forms + only one trivasa order form

>> I think this is correct

3) copy the step 2 documents for 2nd setup (duplicates)

>> Yes, make sure you have all things in 2 copies. All the documentation that you are copying, like the proof of citizenship, utility bill etc..make sure you self attest.

4) total fee -> 290 x 4 + 190 x 4 = $ 1920 for single money order, payble to "Trivisa Outsourcing".

>> I would say, when you do the order form, Travisa auto computes the amount, I didn't have to figure out. I had to pay 930 for two people. Not sure why your amount is more than twice my amount. Actually Travisa instructions are pretty good.

In this case , I would greatly appreciate your help.

>> I hope this helps

Good luck for all members who are waiting for their cases.

- usinsuser99

* Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Issues

Hello Members.,

May be tomorrow, Iam going to send the OCI papers to travisaoutsourcing office.
While filling the part A and part B,

I have to produce the document for kids citizen ship proof with notary signature.

1) Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.
2) Should i produce 4 Renunciation Forms (one myself + one my wife + one 17 kid + one 12 kid) ?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance.,

-usinsuser99

OCI-All done

Took 30 days from the time travisa got the Passports to finally get it back to me on 12/23. Stellar service overall.

11/08/2011 5:20pm PST Service order form completed online
11/23/2011 12:25pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
11/23/2011 3:06pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/25/2011 9:09am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/25/2011 7:11pm PST Documents received by Consulate
11/30/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
12/15/2011 4:38pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
12/19/2011 9:50am PST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
12/19/2011 3:23pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
12/20/2011 8:31am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
12/20/2011 11:14am PST Documents received by Consulate
12/21/2011 4:26pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
12/21/2011 4:39pm PST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

I am all done with my US citizenship plus OCI now. Thanks to this forum for all the great support. Best of luck to all.

Hi gc_man.,

Congratulations !!!

May be tomorrow, Iam going to send the OCI papers to travisaoutsourcing office.
While filling the part A and part B,

I have to produce the document for kids citizen ship proof with notary signature.

1) Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.
2) Should i produce 4 Renunciation Forms (one myself + one my wife + one 17 kid + one 12 kid) ?
3) 17 years girl can use right thump for Thump impression ?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance.,

-usinsuser99