OCI acknowledgement, Chicago

stl_max

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my OCI application to Chicago consulate on 19-Jan-2007 via priority mail and my application was acknowledged today 15-Mar-2007. In few threads I have seen questions like the online Reg No starts with USACI*****07. Actually the online generated Reg No is definetely like USACI*****07, but the File or Acknowledgement no is in the format of USAC00******, this is the first row of online enquiry status details.

OCI App mailed : 19-JAN-2007
Acknowledged : 15-MAR-2007

When was the application received?

Thanks for posting your dates. Quick question - when was your application actually received by the consulate? Mine was received on Jan 23rd and I still don't have an acknowledgement.

Also, a question for the broader group. What's the practice with regards to cashing money orders or cashiers checks. Are they cashed as soon as the application is received, or do they wait until they start processing application?

I mailed my OCI application to Chicago consulate on 19-Jan-2007 via priority mail and my application was acknowledged today 15-Mar-2007. In few threads I have seen questions like the online Reg No starts with USACI*****07. Actually the online generated Reg No is definetely like USACI*****07, but the File or Acknowledgement no is in the format of USAC00******, this is the first row of online enquiry status details.

OCI App mailed : 19-JAN-2007

Can we enquire online status with online reg. number(USACI*) or do we have to wait until we receive acknowledgement?

Can we enquire online status with online reg. number(USACI*) or do we have to wait until we receive acknowledgement?

Yes you can enquire with your USCI* number.

You will not receive any acknowledgement from the consulate(like e-mail or letter etc) other than a staus update at the online status enquiry page.

You have to keep checking the online status enquiry page by entering your USACI* number until it shows up with an acknowledgement date that will be your acknowledgement and you will also get your file number that you will need to refer to going forward.

You can enquire using USACI******* number, it is the second row on online enquiry form at http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

I mailed my OCI application on Friday Jan, 29 by priority mail and I guess it must have reached the consulate by Jan 23. I think money orders, cashier's check etc are encashed here in US just after they(consulate/embassy) open OCI application. There is no way to track whether they encashed Money Order, chashier's check.

My status

PartA:02-09-2007
Mailed:02-10-2007
Recieved at Chicago:02-12-2007
Acknowledged: 04-16-2007
Registration Status: Granted 04/26/2007
Photo Scanned: 04/26/2007
Documents Printed: 04/27/2007
Documents Despatched from Delhi: 04/27/2007
Documents Recieved at Chicago: ----
(Same dates for my son's too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the update on my OCI application :

OCI Application sent to Chicago : 19-JAN-2007
Reg. status Granted : 26-MAR-2007
Photo/Sig. scanned : 26-MAR-2007

My Timelinie is:
02/07/07 Online Registation and Maling the application to Chicago
02/10/07 Documents Reach Chicago
?? Acknowledgement
??

Further update on my OCI application :

Documents Printed on : 28-MAR-2007
Documents despatched from Delhi on : 29-MAR-2007
Documents Received at Chicago : ??

Did u get your OCI in hand?

Further update on my OCI application :

Documents Received at Chicago : ??

Did you get the OCI? When did the document reach Chicago office. Mine is just acknowledged on April 16th. Booked tickets (I got visa to India for 6 months) to fly to India on May 10th. Anxious whether I will get it before that date.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My OCI documents reached Chicago on 10-APR-207, however I haven't sent my passport yet to Chicago.

Thank you fyi

My OCI documents reached Chicago on 10-APR-207, however I haven't sent my passport yet to Chicago.

Thank you very much for your reply.
In this case as my acknowledgement date is April 16th, I may get OCI only after May 10th. So I will make my trip to India on May 10th with the visa and collect OCI after my return in July.
Thank you again and good luck!

Folks, My OCI process is complete, here is my timeline for OCI at Chicago :

Documents Received at Chicago : 10-APR-2007
U.S.Passport mailed to Chicago Consulate : 23-APR-2007 (via priority mail)
OCI sticker/documents recieved from Consulate : 05-07-2007

Congrats, Stl_Max.

Did you send acknowledgement slip along with passports that you sent yto Chicago Consulate ?

Yes I enclosed acknowledgement slip (sent by consulate) also with the passport. I also wrote "Collection of OCI documents" on the mailing envelope as the Consulate advises and I did not send my cancelled Indian passport.