• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Oceana Police Check Question

I should probably add a bit of background...

I originally ordered a Code 35 certificate last week because this was the option that presented when selecting "OVERSEAS VISA" purposes. The Code 33 certificate was only available if you selected "Immigration/Citizenship for supply to Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

When I asked the person at the AFP call centre, a few days ago, what the difference was between a Code 33 and Code 35 certificate her reply was, "The only difference is that Code 35 only goes back 10 years and includes unspent offenses only. Code 33 goes back 20 years and includes spent and unspent offenses."

I'm not concerned about the 10 or 20 year time frame as I, fortunately, don't have any criminal history. My concern about the which code to present is because I've already ordered the Code 33 certificate last week before realising my mistake a few days ago. I just wanted to sound out and hear if anyone had any trouble using a Code 35 certificate (i.e. placed on AP) and, if possible, avoid paying another $42 if the Code 35 has largely been accepted - nothing more sinister than that. :)

I've ended up ordering another Code 33 certificate anyway, just to avoid any hassles.

Well that’s cool. Hopefully it won’t be an issue for you re the 35 I am pretty sure if you check the 2017/2018 oc threads you will see others used it too