Ocean FAX Campaign #4 - to Congresswoman Linda Sanchez for Immigration Forum 2/28/20

Just faxed mine. I thought of attending the meeting but I 've to take care of some important work.

Kashmir.. I dont think any active member from this portal lives in her district. (I posted that question multiple times) NHATS live close to that area.

Updated List

• kadamtal
  • ErDr
  • 140_takes_4ever
  • lareds
  • kashmir
  • wac02042
  • wittAAAA
  • wsxwsx
  • smallfish
  • gnu01
  • kingAnil007
  • CS485
  • rk4gc

Many thanks to everyone on the list. Others please take the time to send the FAX won't take more than a minute and it will really help.

lareds,

I would send the letter, but think it is too late to do so now. Won't reach her in time. But still thinking of contacting her even after the forum. So she can keep it in mind. Do you think we should make it a point to all send letters?

Sent the Fax

Contents same as others.

Will also send this thru USPS certified mail today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Updated List

lareds,

I would send the letter, but think it is too late to do so now. Won't reach her in time. But still thinking of contacting her even after the forum. So she can keep it in mind. Do you think we should make it a point to all send letters? [/B]

I have noticed there is always a waste basket next to fax machine. I am hoping a certified mail ( or even a regular mail) may get more attention.

We should start sending postal mails to all the members of immigration committe. Thats our next Proj Ocean effort !!!!

Re: Re: Updated List

Originally posted by lareds
I have noticed there is always a waste basket next to fax machine. I am hoping a certified mail ( or even a regular mail) may get more attention.
We should start sending postal mails to all the members of immigration committe. Thats our next Proj Ocean effort !!!!
Hi, lareds,
Thanks for your taking the initiative.
Last year, I had usually sent a certified mail with petition and signature list at every FAX campaign,
and I had received a response from Congressional office for most cases.

This year, we started from E-MAIL campaigns,
but I think, for coming important campaign, we should use a certified mail in addtion to e-mail and fax.

Originally posted by CS485
Just faxed mine. I thought of attending the meeting but I 've to take care of some important work.
Kashmir.. I dont think any active member from this portal lives in her district. (I posted that question multiple times) NHATS live close to that area.
Hmmm ...
Does somebody plan to attend the forum on Saturday ?

Faxed and sent certified mail #70031010000126164549.

Dear Representative Sanchez,

I am writing to you regarding my Employment-Based I-485 Adjustment of Status application. The EB I-485 receipt number is WAC-**-***-*****. My alien registration number is ###-###-###. I am extremely concerned regarding the delays in adjudication of I-485 cases at the California Service Center (CSC) of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS). According to CSC’s progress report, adjudication for I-485 cases has not shown any progress since 2002. Congress has expressed repeatedly that the reasonable adjudication period is 6 months for immigrant benefit cases. The failure of USCIS to comply with legislations has resulted in a class action lawsuit filed in the District Court of the District of Columbia (Complaint for Mandamus, Declaratory, and Injunctive Relief, Civil Action 03-2606, Judge James Roberson, Filed 22 December 2003).

Even though the USCIS is a government agency, it should never be above the law. Thus, I urge Representative Sanchez to enforce legislations passed by members of the Congress and hold the USCIS to higher standards of service. I would also like to remind Representative Sanchez of words by Thomas Jefferson, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. The unreasonable delay at the USCIS is unequivocally infringing upon my career and my pursuit of happiness. As a member of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims, I believe Representative Sanchez will take appropriate actions to rein the USCIS.

Through the internet, I was able to find a group of concerned immigrants whom also filed their I-485s but find themselves in quagmire. Many of us have contacted members of the Congress for assistance. One of us was lucky enough to reach Representative Anna Eshoo and her assistant contacted Don Neufeld, Director of CSC for the USCIS on our behalf. Responding to the I-485 delay, Mr. Neufeld stated that El Salvadoran receiving Temporary Protected Status (TPS) immigrant benefits was prioritized before the I-485 applications and contributed to the delay. It is revolting to think that many legal immigrants such as myself who pay taxes and contribute to the American economy but we are still regarded as low priority by the USCIS. Mr. Neufeld has also promised to reduce the processing time for Adjustment of Status applications (I-485) to 12 months or less by the end of September 2004. I encourage Representative Sanchez to hold Don Neufeld to his words and improve the service at the CSC. Any further delays and broken promises would only create distrust among government agencies, its elected officials, and the people, whom the elected are supposed to represent.

In summary, I would like to request for Representative Sanchez’s help to 1) contact the CSC of the USCIS and express frustrations with the I-485 processing delays; and 2) hold Don Neufeld to his promise and obtain specific plans to reduce the I-485 backlogs without more de-prioritizing of I-485 immigrant benefits.

I’m available for any comments at ###-###-####. Thank you for your attention and your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated List of Activists

• kadamtal
  • ErDr
  • 140_takes_4ever
  • lareds
  • kashmir
  • wac02042
  • wittAAAA
  • wsxwsx
  • smallfish
  • gnu01
  • kingAnil007
  • CS485
  • rk4gc
  • ngadhia
  • ranapratap12
  • codex
  • san_gcwait
  • solarise

18 Faxes sent, just 12 to go to meet our bench mark. Come on people, this is your opportunity to work towards your GC!

solarise,

Brilliant prose very well written, would you mind very much printing it out and sending it to Linda Sanchez by mail? She has to take these hard hitting letters in mind, and it will go a long way towards making an impression.

Although I have been a silent spectator on this board, I have been active. I had sent in the petition to my local rep Dana Eschoo earlier . Below is a copy of a letter sent to Linda.

February 24, 2004

Congresswoman Linda Sanchez
4007 Paramount, Suite 106
Lakewood, CA 90712
Phone: 562-429-8499
Fax: 562-938-1948

RE: Immigration Forum and the Current Huge Backlog Issue

Dear Congresswoman Linda Sanchez,

I would like to thank you for conducting a discussion forum to discuss Immigration issues scheduled on February 28th, 2004.

As you are probably aware, the current immigration system is almost completely broken due to a huge backlog of people waiting for their green cards to be processed. Currently, the wait is over two years. What is more troubling is that the processing times are growing rapidly. Based on current processing rates, a person who submits a green card application today would be expected to wait for over five years. It is a vicious cycle – the delays require us to file for an annual travel and job permit, which in turn further delays the underlying process.

We are all legal, tax paying residents, who have high educational qualifications and contribute significantly to America’s economy and development. Unfortunately, unlike the large illegal immigrant population, it feels like we have been forgotten.

I do hope you can address this backlog issue at Immigration Forum on February 28, 2004. Failure to resolve this fundamental issue will mean that your worthy initiatives will be nearly impossible to implement.

Sincerely,

<xxx>
wac02 205xxx, EB1
Case pending at CSC since June 2002

Fax sent -

S Pathapati
ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

February 24, 2004

Lakewood, CA 90712
RE: Adjustment of Status (AOS-I485) Processing delays.

Dear Congresswoman Linda Sanchez

I am writing to you regarding my Employment-Based I-485 Adjustment of Status application. The EB I-485 receipt number is WAC-02-216-54676. I am extremely concerned regarding the delays in adjudication of I-485 cases at the California Service Center (CSC) of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and progress report, adjudication for I-485 cases has not shown any progress since 2002. Congress has expressed repeatedly that the reasonable adjudication period is 6 months for immigrant benefit cases. The failure of USCIS to comply with legislations has resulted in a class action lawsuit filed in the District Court of the District of Columbia (Complaint for Mandamus, Declaratory, and Injunctive Relief, Civil Action 03-2606, Judge James Roberson, Filed 22 December 2003).

Through the Immigration forums, I was able to find a group of concerned immigrants whom also filed their I-485s but find themselves in Nightmare. Many of us have contacted members of the Congress for assistance. One of us was lucky enough to reach Representative Anna Eshoo and her assistant contacted Don Neufeld, Director of CSC for the USCIS on our behalf. Responding to the I-485 delay, Mr. Neufeld stated that El Salvadoran receiving Temporary Protected Status (TPS) immigrant benefits was prioritized before the I-485 applications and contributed to the delay. It is revolting to think that many legal immigrants such as myself who pay taxes and contribute to the American economy but we are still regarded as low priority by the USCIS. Mr. Neufeld has also promised to reduce the processing time for Adjustment of Status applications (I-485) to 12 months or less by the end of September 2004. I encourage Representative Sanchez to hold Don Neufeld to his words and improve the service at the CSC.

Thanks
S Pathapati
Wac02-216-5xxxxx

List as of 2/24/2004

1. kadamtal
  2. ErDr
  3. 140_takes_4ever
  4. lareds
  5. kashmir
  6. wac02042
  7. wittAAAA
  8. wsxwsx
  9. smallfish
  10. gnu01
  11. kingAnil007
  12. CS485
  13. rk4gc
  14. ngadhia
  15. ranapratap12
  16. codex
  17. san_gcwait
  18. solarise
  19. wac205
  20. pathapati

140_takes_4ever - thanks for the kind words. I try my best to communicate with the Senators & Representatives hoping to get things moving. Unfortunately, I've not seen any progress for my efforts.

I'm also trying to enlist my friends who can vote to write cover letters for me stating their concerns with the USCIS so my letters would carry more weight.

sent fax

Ganesh Chandrasekaran

February 25, 2004

Lakewood, CA 90712

Dear Congresswoman Linda Sanchez

I am writing to you regarding my Employment-Based I-485 Adjustment of Status application. The EB I-485 receipt number is WAC-03-057-xxxxx. I am extremely concerned regarding the delays in adjudication of I-485 cases at the California Service Center (CSC) of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and progress report, adjudication for I-485 cases has not shown any progress since 2002. Congress has expressed repeatedly that the reasonable adjudication period is 6 months for immigrant benefit cases. The failure of USCIS to comply with legislations has resulted in a class action lawsuit filed in the District Court of the District of Columbia (Complaint for Mandamus, Declaratory, and Injunctive Relief, Civil Action 03-2606, Judge James Roberson, Filed 22 December 2003).

Through the Immigration forums, I was able to find a group of concerned immigrants whom also filed their I-485s but find themselves in Nightmare. Many of us have contacted members of the Congress for assistance. One of us was lucky enough to reach Representative Anna Eshoo and her assistant contacted Don Neufeld, Director of CSC for the USCIS on our behalf. Responding to the I-485 delay, Mr. Neufeld stated that El Salvadoran receiving Temporary Protected Status (TPS) immigrant benefits was prioritized before the I-485 applications and contributed to the delay. It is revolting to think that many legal immigrants such as myself who pay taxes and contribute to the American economy but we are still regarded as low priority by the USCIS. Mr. Neufeld has also promised to reduce the processing time for Adjustment of Status applications (I-485) to 12 months or less by the end of September 2004. I encourage Representative Sanchez to hold Don Neufeld to his words and improve the service at the CSC.

Thanks
Ganesh Chandrasekaran
Wac03-057-5xxxx

I have basically taken kadamtal posting, modified it and sent.
I am also thinking to modify this to suit to Senator Dianne Feinstein and sending to her as she is also in immigration comitee.

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

February 25, 2004

Lakewood, CA 90712

Dear Congresswoman Linda Sanchez;

I, <My Name>, would like to first thank you for conducting a discussion forum to discuss Immigration issues scheduled on February 28th, 2004.

However, I would like to request to you to also consider discussing the unreasonable delays in processing of Employment Based Adjustment of Status (AOS) Applications pending before all Service Centers of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as a part of your discussion.

I am sure you are aware of the above situation and sufferings of the applicants because of these egregious delays. Most of members at ImmigratoinPortal.Com have approached other Congressmen/Women of their constituencies and requested to participate to help reduce these backlogs. I am happy to say that we are overwhelmed by the immense support we received from them and their dedication to serve the people in general.

I feel there is no much improvement in the situation except for Texas Service center Congressman Mr. Lamar Smith of 21st district, Texas who is on the Immigration Subcommittee to which I believe you belong to, is working with the Texas Service Center in reducing the backlogs which is a very generous move and we are seeing the results of the same for Texas Service Center. I urge you to please look into this issue and do the needful for us who are suffering in California Service Center.

We would like to thank you and other Congress for understanding our pain and suffering. We, therefore, kindly request you to address this Backlog issue) and also take it up with the California Service Center.

Sincerely,

<My Name>
<My Address>

Can I send the fax to Linda S even though I do not reside in CA?

p.s. My application is filed at CSC.

zipzap,

Most certainly, Linda Sanchez is a member of the house committee on immigration, so a very loud voice in INS' ear.

I suggest you take solarise' letter as a reference and draft your fax accordingly.

solarise,

If you have the time, why not join Project Ocean in more of its activities and help draft other letters/faxes/emails? We could definitely use skills like yours. I think effective communication is half the battle, and the primary way to get our voice across is to present the arguments in a lucid manner, which is pleasing to the eye and showcases all our points.