Ocean FAX Campaign #4 - to Congresswoman Linda Sanchez for Immigration Forum 2/28/20

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
As wac-ed in CA posted,
Congresswoman Linda Sanchez (D CA 39th) hosts "Immigration Forum" as follows:
Progress Park
15500 Downey Ave
Paramount, CA 90723

on Saturday, Feb 28th from 10 am - 12 noon. Registration begins at 9:30am.

Congresswoman Sanchez will address
Bush's Immigration proposal,
DREAM Act,
CLEAR Act,
Student Adjustment Act,
Daschle-Hagel Act.

For more information and registration, contact Jackie at 562-429-8499.
Let's FAX your opinion to her district office by 2/25/2004.
Once you faxed, post your letter in this thread.
In your letter head, please include:
Code:
ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance
For people not in the U.S., E-MAIL is OK.

TARGET NUMBER OF PARTICIPATION : 30

I wanted to attend but...

I frankly don't know what to ask of her nor would I prefer to go by myself. I live in Bellflower, which is near Paramount. Anyone who will be more familiar with the process on how to go with this, would appreciate input.

Just Sent mine, here is the text of my fax. I am not a great writer but tried covering our point (I guess)....

ImmigrationPortal.Com

February 22, 2004

Congresswoman Linda Sanchez
4007 Paramount, Suite 106
Lakewood, CA 90712
Phone: 562-429-8499
Fax: 562-938-1948
RE: Adjustment of Status (AOS-I485) Processing delays. Dear Congresswoman Linda Sanchez;

I, <my name>, would like to first thank you for conducting a discussion forum to discuss Immigration issues scheduled on February 28th, 2004. Your agenda covers
a) President Mr. Bush’s Immigration Proposal
b) DREAM Act
c) CLEAR Act
d) Student Ajustment Act
e) Daschle-Hagle Act

However, I would like to request to you to also consider discussing the unreasonable delays in processing of Employment Based Adjustment of Status (AOS) Applications pending before all Service Centers of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as a part of #(a).

I am sure you are aware of the above situation and sufferings of the applicants because of these egregious delays. Most of members at ImmigratoinPortal.Com have approached other Congressmen/Women of their constituencies and requested to participate to help reduce these backlogs. I am happy to say that we are overwhelmed by the immense support we received from them and their dedication to serve the people in general. As an example, Congressman Lamar Smith of 21st district, Texas who is on the Immgiration Subcommittee to which I believe you belong to, is working with the Texas Service Center in reducing the backlogs which is a very generous move.

We, the members of ImmigrationPortal.com and others would like to thank you and other Congress for understanding our pain and suffering and trying to help reduce the same. We, therefore, kindly request you to address this (Backlog issue) during your discussion forum and also suggest the Service Centers of USCIS to reduce Adjustment of Status (AOS) processing delays at hand.

Sincerely,

<My Name>
<My address>

Fax to Sanchez

I just faxed mine. Here is the main body of my Fax:

I came to know from your website that you will be holding an immigration forum on 28 February 2004 at Paramount, CA. I thank you for holding this event and also for your ongoing efforts to help and support the immigrant community. Since I won’t be able to attend the upcoming immigration forum in person, I would like to use this opportunity to express my views on immigration reforms.

As a member of the house judiciary committee, you might be aware of the inordinate delays in processing the I-485 application to adjust to the permanent resident status by various service centers of USCIS. For any immigration reform to have a meaningful impact, this huge backlog at USCIS should first be cleared. This backlog is affecting the day-to-day lives of hundreds of thousands of green-card applicants, including myself, waiting to hear from USCIS.

Anything you could do to improve the processing speed at USCIS would be highly appreciated.

Done!

Sent the fax in today.

Text of my fax
ImmigrationPortal.Com

February 23, 2004

Lakewood, CA 90712
RE: Adjustment of Status (AOS-I485) Processing delays.

Dear Congresswoman Linda Sanchez;

I, would like to thank you for conducting a discussion forum to discuss Immigration issues scheduled on February 28th, 2004.

I would like to take this opportunity to bring to your notice the unreasonable delays in processing of Employment Based Adjustment of Status (AOS) Applications pending before all Service Centers of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

As a member of the immigration community, I have time and time again heard numerous empty promises from the USCIS about how they will be reducing backlogs in AOS. Unfortunately till date, we are yet to see any concrete action. Currently the word is that CSC will be reducing backlogs, of the past 2 years or more, by September 2004, something which is very difficult to believe considering their past history, and the fact that they have to adjudicate over 1 million applications within 5-6 months.

I, therefore, kindly request you to address this (Backlog issue) during your discussion forum and demand a comprehensive blueprint as to how the various service centers of USCIS plan to reduce Adjustment of Status (AOS) processing backlogs by dates put forth by them. This will go a long way towards alleviating the suffering of the immigration community

Sincerely,

<My Name>
<My Address>

I have faxed mine. I have used kadamtal & ErDr versions. Apart from the fax, I intend to send a certified mail to her lakewood office.

They might ignore the faxes and I think everyone should send the letter by mail also .....

kashmir - Faxed 2/23/2004

ImmigrationPortal.Com

February 23, 2004

Lakewood, CA 90712

RE: Immigration Forum and the Current Huge Backlog Issue

I strongly believe that Immigration Reform is required. Especially I support DREAM Act and Student Adjustment Act to give young talented students a chance for education even though they came to the States with their parents illegally. I know a couple of my daughter's friends in such a situation. I'd really like to support these young people.

On the other hand, the current Immigration system is almost collapsed due to a huge backlog. Even for people, who stay in the States legally, to get a green card, we have to wait over 2 years to get I-485 application adjudicated at California Service Center (CSC). As the backlog is still growing everyday, our waiting time would easily reach 10 years with the current slow pace. I cannot imagine how to implement Bush's Guest Worker Program without solving the current huge backlog issue.

Please address this Backlog issue at Immigration Forum on February 28, 2004. Otherwise, the U.S. Immigration system would be totally collapsed before saving young talented students.

Sincerely,
(my signature)
(my name)
(my address)
(my contact information)
WAC-02-124-***** (EB I-485)
pending at CSC for over two years since February 2002

Come on 24 more to go!

• [*]kadamtal
    [*]ErDr
    [*]kashmir
    [*]140_takes_4ever
    [*]lareds
    [*]wac02042

Come on people, send your faxes! This is a great opportunity to make a point. Linda Sanchez is on the immigration committee, she is a powerful voice, if all of us make statements. So Please Please send one simple fax!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sent mine

LA people please collect issues, attend the forum and raise those issues on spot. Thank much.

The following is what I sent.

February 23, 2004

Lakewood, CA 90712
RE: Immigration Forum on 2/28/04

I, would like to thank you for conducting a discussion forum to discuss Immigration issues scheduled on February 28th, 2004. Here are my two concerns.

1. H4 and Guest Worker
President Bush proposed to give “illegally” working foreigners legal working status called as Guest Worker. In the proposal, did he consider H4, who stay in America legally and don’t work by abiding law? Please be aware that H4 have to stay home wasting youth, and they are eager to work but are not allowed to.

2. I-485 Processing Delays
Despite President’s oral effort to reduce the backlogs, backlogs keep increasing and for I-485 dramatically in the last year. I have time and time again heard numerous empty promises from the USCIS about how they will be reducing backlogs in AOS. Unfortunately till date, we are yet to see any concrete action. Currently the word is that CSC will be reducing backlogs, of the past 2 years or more, by September 2004, something which is very difficult to believe considering their past history, and the fact that they have to adjudicate over 1 million applications within 5-6 months. I, therefore, kindly request you to address this backlog issue and demand a comprehensive blueprint as to how the various service centers of USCIS plan to reduce Adjustment of Status (AOS) processing backlogs by dates put forth by them.

Sincerely,

Name
Address

List as of 2/23/2004

1. kadamtal
  2. ErDr
  3. 140_takes_4ever
  4. lareds
  5. kashmir
  6. wac02042
  7. wittAAAA
  8. wsxwsx
  9. smallfish
  10. gnu01
Also, please post your letter message.
It encourages other people who has not faxed yet.

Even a couple of lines of message is fine.
For this campaign, the number of faxes with ImmigrationPortal.Com letter head is important.

Does somebody attend the Immigration Forum in Paramount on 2/28/2004 ?

Can I have emailid

Kashmir or anybody,
who sent email to sanchez please let me know emailid, from her website Once I enter my zip website will redirect me to contact fremont congressman. I can't send fax from my office, i would like to send eamil.

Thanks for help
pathapati

Originally posted by lareds
I have faxed mine. I have used kadamtal & ErDr versions. Apart from the fax, I intend to send a certified mail to her lakewood office.

They might ignore the faxes and I think everyone should send the letter by mail also .....

I have mailed a letter to her office. It costs nothing to do so, I encourage everyone to mail a letter apart from faxing.

Resident in CA 39th District ?

Originally posted by kashmir
Also, please post your letter message.
It encourages other people who has not faxed yet.

Even a couple of lines of message is fine.
For this campaign, the number of faxes with ImmigrationPortal.Com letter head is important.

Does somebody attend the Immigration Forum in Paramount on 2/28/2004 ?
Does somebody live in her district, California 39th District ?