• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC - 2025 - Selectees Thread

I have Case Number 2025OC65X, which seems a low number in most years. I lodged the DS-260 early, but then needed to get it unlocked. Requested KCC unlock the DS-260 which they did within 24 hours! So if you lodged early but now need to correct your DS-260, don’t stress. Just email KCC and it will be accessible very quickly.

Hello and thank you to everyone for this great thread and all the resources shared, it is very helpful.

I was selected with OC19XX. Based on everything I have read here this would be the upper limit based on the last few year's selections (although no guarantee of course) which would mean if I was lucky enough my case number would become current around May-July 2025. If that is the case does anyone know how long you have once your interview is scheduled? Do they typically give a date that is a month out? This leads to my next question concerning vaccinations. I have included my wife and child (who will be 2 years old at the time of the potential interview) in the application, my wife and I have all the required vaccinations however we have chosen to not vaccinate my child. I am aware there is an exemption process for moral or religious beliefs which I am looking into. For the sake of this example let's say we will only vaccinate my child if we successfully get an interview. In this scenario if the time from getting an appointment to the interview and medical appointment is 1 month do I only have 1 month to get all the required vaccinations for my child or my application would be inadmissible?

Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone else on this thread.

Hello and thank you to everyone for this great thread and all the resources shared, it is very helpful.

I was selected with OC19XX. Based on everything I have read here this would be the upper limit based on the last few year's selections (although no guarantee of course) which would mean if I was lucky enough my case number would become current around May-July 2025. If that is the case does anyone know how long you have once your interview is scheduled? Do they typically give a date that is a month out? This leads to my next question concerning vaccinations. I have included my wife and child (who will be 2 years old at the time of the potential interview) in the application, my wife and I have all the required vaccinations however we have chosen to not vaccinate my child. I am aware there is an exemption process for moral or religious beliefs which I am looking into. For the sake of this example let's say we will only vaccinate my child if we successfully get an interview. In this scenario if the time from getting an appointment to the interview and medical appointment is 1 month do I only have 1 month to get all the required vaccinations for my child or my application would be inadmissible?

Are you aware that all states have vaccination requirements for school entry?

Maybe you can pick a state that has exemptions if you don't mind being in those states.

D
N

Not yet but I am about to, how long do you think it will take
Depends on your FO, you can check processing times for N400 here

Ho

Hey! We are currently pursuing religious exemption for the vaccination requirements and have hired a lawyer to do so as we don’t want to risk messing it up. I think you would all need to apply for an exemption - I think it would be difficult to apply just for your child as they are too young to form their own independent moral beliefs. Let me know if you have any questions though, it’s been an interesting process!

Hi everyone! Congratulations first of all to all selectees.
I won in DV2024 with a 40XX case number and again in DV2025 with the case number 37XX. Unfortunate both times.
I can't help wondering how the random selection process works. I've come across several people who mention they have been selected before and again. I thought random selection (if its truly random) are independent. Educate me!

Hi everyone! Congratulations first of all to all selectees.
I won in DV2024 with a 40XX case number and again in DV2025 with the case number 37XX. Unfortunate both times.
I can't help wondering how the random selection process works. I've come across several people who mention they have been selected before and again. I thought random selection (if its truly random) are independent. Educate me!
It is a random selection. The reason that OCers often get selected more than once is that the chance of selection is higher in OC than other regions. Each region has its own draw, and a low number of entries for the number of selected cases means higher chance of selection.

Having high numbers each time is just bad luck.

Hi all, feeling very lucky that my partner was selected on first go and with such a low case number of 4XX.

We are engaged to be wed in a simple court house signing prior to September so feeling nervous about any possibility that I won’t be able to be added to his case, or for some reason the embassy thinks our marriage isn’t real (which it of course is! We have been together 6 years and are excited for this next chapter). I am an Aus citizen but born in the UK which gives an added level of nerves!

Predicting we’ll be called up for interview in December!

Look forward to following everyone’s journey and sharing advice.

You have an OC number? 2025OC4XX - right?

That is your partners number I assume. He/she was born in in Australia?

That’s right! It is my partner’s case and he is Australian.

My nerves are just general anxieties knowing there are layers of things that could go wrong:
- we need to reopen his DS-260 (our inexperience a month ago thought he needed to submit asap)
- getting married and proving it’s a bona fide relationship
- not being from OC myself (but luckily with UK being included in the DV lottery this year a post-selection marriage should be fine!)
I think Simon asked if your partner was “born” in Australia, not if he’s Australian considering one could be Australian without being born in Australia.
Also note, UK being included this year, and someone being born in the UK does not necessarily demonstrate marriage after DV selection is not a GC based marriage. Not trying to add to your nerves, but pointing out what you’re thinking is a plus is not necessarily so.

- not being from OC myself (but luckily with UK being included in the DV lottery this year a post-selection marriage should be fine!)
As a derivative, you would be assigned your spouse’s country of chargeability for the case regardless of where you were born and whether or not it was eligible.

What? Of course being from a DV eligible country doesn’t prove a relationship?

My point is that prior to DV-2025 if we had gotten married after his selection I would not have been eligible to be added to his case because the UK was not in the DV lottery. It’s certainly not a plus, but rather an extra layer that I’m not a native Australian and that this is the first year the UK is included.

Also unnecessary to point out the semantics of him being Australian. I understood the question from BritSimon and answered. But for your sake: born and raised, hence the OC chargability and me clearly stating it is me that is the UK native. Perhaps you’d like to see his birth certificate…
Your birth country’s DV eligibility is completely irrelevant to your being a derivative regardless of when you got married. It plays absolutely no role in the process. Being born in a non eligible country does not prevent such a person from being added as a derivative even if the marriage took place after the main applicant was selected.

As for the last part of your post … whatever!

Also unnecessary to point out the semantics of him being Australian. I understood the question from BritSimon and answered. But for your sake: born and raised, hence the OC chargability and me clearly stating it is me that is the UK native. Perhaps you’d like to see his birth certificate…
you’d be amazed at the number of people we’ve seen in this forum who assumed citizenship was the same as country of chargeability even if born elsewhere. when someone with mom’s experience asks a question for clarification - in order to help you - maybe just answering it without a dose of sarcasm is a better way to go.

Just following BritSimon’s advice from his website my dude.
No, you are not. As Sm1smom and Susie pointed out your understanding was incorrect, and there is no place where my website says place of birth is important for a derivative in the circumstances you describe. You will be charged to Australia after marriage and the fact that the UK are in the lottery this year is completely irrelevant

There is also no place in my website where I suggest it's ok being an ass to people that are trying to help you, especially people like Mom or Susie who spend countless hours helping people in this forum as unpaid volunteers.