Obtaining PCC for Pakistan while in US?

ziqch

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,
My IV application is in islamabad consulate, they did sent me packet 3.5 which i completed and submitted with copies of some required documents, I did not sent in my passport(obvious), PCC or original birth certificates or medical certificate as I need them close to the titnerview and will take them along as asked by US comsulate. My questions is: how do I go about obtaining PCC from pakistan while being in US, I asked police station in pakistan and they said seince i am in US, i should contact pakistan embassy, when i contacted pakistan embassy, they said i should contact policestation directly as they do not deal with this.
I would like some advice from someone who has or is going through this, how do I obtain a PCC to take for IV interview.
Thanks for all your help.

This is a copy of my previous post:

There are two ways:

1. You can fill out a form and submit it with your photo + copy of your Passport and/or National ID Card to the Pakistan Consulate and wait for 5-6 months if there is someone back in Pakistan to "verify" your existence over there and pay a bribe.

2. If you know someone in Pakistan they can submit the request for you, you will need to send them a copy of your passport, ID card and photos (2). It depends on "who" the person in Pakistan is on the length of time it will take, or the amount of bribe.

I applied at the Pakistan Consulate Toronto in October, 2006. I am still waiting for it!
I had a relative in Pakistan get it for me.

Dear Ziqch:

Its better to make it through someone who is Pakistan. Its not that much difficult and not much bribe asked. Matters which police station you have to deal with.

Thank you very much for your replies, I will go with the later route and have my family try and get one for me, another question about this, my wife has lived in three different addresses after turning 16, does she need three different PCC or just one covering her addresses?
thanks again for all your help friends.

Thank you very much for your replies, I will go with the later route and have my family try and get one for me, another question about this, my wife has lived in three different addresses after turning 16, does she need three different PCC or just one covering her addresses?
thanks again for all your help friends.

If she has lived in the same city then only one certificate is sufficient, but if she has lived in different cities, she will need for all the different jurisdictions.

Thanks for prompt reply, I will contact my family in pakistan to get these form there. BTW I did get an itnerview date for OCt, 10th, so I have about 2 months to get this.
Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted about my progress.