Obtaining Advance Parole for emergency travel???

RDGC

Registered Users (C)
I recently applied for my 2nd Advance Parole. The ND for this is Oct 25th. I have some immediate travel plans and would be needing Approved Travel Documents. Is there a procedure that someone can get Advance Parole approved in an expedite manner say with in few 2-3 days.

Please share your experience / throw some ideas as I have to sort this out by today.

PS: I wont be using H1 Visa for re-entry.

there is

In theory you can obtain an AP document at your local INS office in case of emergency. Unfortunately the decision regarding the expedite processing of your AP request is at discretion of the INS office. I tried to obtain such document a while back in April at San Jose INS center, but was told that the work based adjustment of status petitioners are not eligible for expedite processing of AP requests but should travel on their H1s instead.

- Dom

Thanks DOM!

I talked to my attorney, according to her such an AP can only be obtained when there is some medical emergency and one has to travel. Proof of Doctor's letter is required.

Just wondering if one is traveling on H1 and his 485 is approved
when person is out o fthe country. Will there be any any issues at the port of entry because of change in status?

It's safe to Travel on H1 when 485 is in process

As per the new rules if the 485 is pending still the person can travel on H1 (if valid). As long as your H1 is valid nobody can stop you from entering US (whether or not your 485 is approved or not). Who cares about it?.

In my opinion it's very safe to travel on H1 and there is not point in wasting the money on AP also.

Hope this clears all your doubts.

There is a problem in using H1 if it is not already stamped on your passport. Consulates do not do the stamping when 485 is pending if you send your passport for latest H1 stamping. In such case, you can not come back at all. The safest way is to get the AP if you don't have the recent H1 stamped on your passport. If H1 is already stamped, then no need to wait for AP.

Why consulate wont stamp H1, if AOS is pending?

Whats the rational behind consulate's not stamping new H1? If you already have valid Documents, why consulate wont issue H1 travel visa.

Nobody can question the rationale of any action taken by consulate. When you apply for stamping, you need to say whether your AOS is pending. When you tell the truth as 'YES', they will not go further and reject your stamping. They may be thinking that you should only use AP and they need not give the stamping any more. But nobody knows the answer. It will be rejected, thats it. Period. Now you don't have a stamping and if you don't have an AP you can not come back. In such cases, always go safe with an AP and don't rely on stamping.