obtain exit entry record

candywayne

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know how to get a exit entry record. Last year I take curise to Alaska for six days. The cuise depart from seattle and came back to seattle. I don't know is this consider as exit / entry.

candywayne said:
Does anyone know how to get a exit entry record. Last year I take curise to Alaska for six days. The cuise depart from seattle and came back to seattle. I don't know is this consider as exit / entry.

Because of the Jones Act, virtually all cruises departing and returning to the U.S. must visit a foreign port on the itinerary to avoid issues with foreign registration of the ship (amongst other things). I'm betting you stopped at Canada at some point. Even if you yourself didn't get off the ship at the Canadian port this trip would be considered an exit / entry from the U.S.

Was your passport stamped at Seattle upon your return? Don't you remember clearing immigrations / customs at debarkation? I have taken quite a number of cruises and with the exception of my return through Fort Lauderdale earlier this year my passport has been stamped upon my return.

AFAIK, NCL is the only mainstream cruise line with a U.S. flagged ship (also with a primarily U.S. crew), for itineraries out of Hawaii (to avoid having to go to a foreign port).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you
I take Start Princess. There was a Victor, BC at ininerary. But for weather issue. The Ship was not able to arrive port, only stop outside of port. No one leave ship. There were staffs look like us customs. However, there was not stamp.