observation on recent approvals.........if you have different observation please post here.

Extremely well put, PCee...

Other than ND (which as I explained in another post on this thread, is what I think they are using as a de-facto RD) I don\'t think there is any other sorting criteria. Like you said, once the case is assigned to an officer, its plain luck of the draw.

just a comment...

Dee Rod,

Even though it doesn\'t matter what people thought CSC was folloging in the past. Regarding RD, ND month... Probably CSC was following ND month all along but previously (before May2001) there wasn\'t much difference between RD and ND and most of the times month is same except for very few cases at the end of month. Going forward from Sept. it may not matter any more because again receipts got issued immediately after receiving I-485 around that time. Only between Apr-Sept 2001 there is huge difference between RD, ND.

- PCee

Still does not answer my 128 million dollar question (taken from rsrgc)?

When will I get approved?

WAC 01-262-5XXXX, Rd 07.25, ND 08.20.01

comment

I feel that country is a criteria because visa numbers are for country also.

We have seen cases where people have got approval way before others and it turned out that their country was other than India/Pakistan/China

It is not relevant because most of the people on this board are from
India/Pakistan and China

But I wanted to bring up this Country matter to address that 2-5 percent of the people on this message board that this may be also a criteria.

There is a macro level and a micro level.

On the macro level we can feel that WAC number is a important factor. But when it gets to the micro level (at the level of the individual case) it is there that all factors apply.

Ultimately the question that people ask is when will their case get approved.

If CSC is sorting cases manually then it would be difficult to sort cases based on multiple criteria. But if it was computerised then definitely sorting could be done on multiple criteria.

It is strange that we do not have any real information from INS about the sorting methods.

We have only speculation regarding the process.

I feel that CSC is approving 10 cases per officer per day. (Just a guess - no real info) and if that is the case then when you hear from the IIO that your case is assigned and you get approved after 5 weeks you kind of wonder - does the Officer live in a cabin sorrounded by files kept helter skelter like the Sales Tax / Income tax /Customs/ Excise offices in India ?

And there are other people who have called the IIO and been told yes your case is assigned and still after 6 weeks - no news .

This brings interesting thoughts to your mind - Does the Officer use LIFO or FIFO methods, Has the officer gone on leave, Is the IIO speaking the truth.

I guess all of us have no choice but to vent and vent our thoughts.

Hopefully we all will get out of this soon.

I don\'t see any pattern in recent approvals...

Most of the approvals are those who did their fp in nov/dec, but I also see approvals with jan/feb fp..

Its kind of hard to predict how INS is processing them..Pray and hope someone picks up your file, and you get your approval soon!

- julywaiter

No Title

When I talked to IIO last two times, I asked when will my case be assigned, the first time IIO said \'have a little more patience, the cases are assigned by computer randomely\'. The last time I asked, IIO said, I cannot tell when it will be assigned but currently we are working on 01/01/01 cases. I told her my friends who applied in sept 01 has received thier approval, then she said every case is different. I did not want to question her more and left at that.