Oath - SFO

Goodyman

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Could someone please let us know few things reg. Oath -

We have Oath at SFO next week. Couple of quick questions -

(1) Are kids (my son is 5 Years) allowed? Do they have to be with some visitors ?
(2) Are visitors allowed? Our parents would like to join us to see the ceremony. Not sure if they have separate place for visitors.
(3) May look dumb question but is camera (photographs) allowed?

Thank You....

(P.S. Please see our interview experience in SFO N-400 timeline)

It really depends on the size of oath ceremony. If it is small, it may be in a court but if it is large numbers, they may do it in a convention center.

I recently attended the oath in Tampa, Florida with about 450 taking oath that day. Lot of people brought their children. Amazingly, those kids were pretty silent. If your kids are patient and not very fussy outside, it is ok to take them. It is even better if you can take your parents along. They can take the kids outside if they are fussy. Yes, visitors are allowed. Again it may depend on the place and the size of the ceremony.

Received a speeding ticket before the Oath Ceremony?

I received a speeding ticket 2 months ago which i really wasn't speeding (cop says she she visually estimated the speed?) and I took it to court. They gave me an offer which is plea no contest pay half the ticket and no points on my licence and no traffic school or go to trial. I accepted since i did not want to have to take time off work again to go to court. Now I have Ooth Ceremony And is wondering if this will affect me. Any help please?

We had our oath in Houston last week and we took both our toddlers (age 3 and 2) with us since we did not have a choice. There were other kids as well. we went there on time but the ceremony did not start until 2 1/2 hours later. Kids got cranky, they do, there's nothing u can do, They understand. Visitors/Family also allowed and thye can sit in gallery and watch. Maybe your kids can be with them. We sat in the galery as well, since kids were making too much noise. Lots of people came with camera and were also shoting films on camcorder. Its expected for people to take pictures on this occasion. We did not take any. We had enough with 2 kids to handle. Thanks.

Oath at San Francisco

Dear Goodyman,

I just attended the oath ceremony at San Francisco yesterday:
Regarding your questions :
1) and 2) Yes, you can bring your kids and family. But they have to sit separately at 2nd floor since there are not enough seats for guests at 1st floor.
The ceremony was pretty casual.
3) I did not bring camera. But I saw many people were taking their pictures.

Hope this helps!

makisushi