oath same day of the interview

sassikhan

Registered Users (C)
I was just wondering how come some people had taken oath the same day of their interview??? I have read some forms so thats why i was wondering about it???:rolleyes:

is their anyway I could do that??? is their any special request that i can do to USCIS???:confused:

Some DO (like Atlanta) have officers that can administor oath (Non judicial oaths, where no name change allowed) People at those DO can get same day oath (As long as their interview is over in time to get certificate ready).
You do not hagve to request that at those DOs. It is automatic.

At my husband's interview he saw a few people that were going back that same day for an oath. One girl, he said, flew through the interview w/out the civics test, and was going back because both her parents were US citizens. The others appeared, to him, to also have either their spouses or parents who already had US citizenship.
That was last week and he, and others there the same day, were given an oath appt. for this Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some DO (like Atlanta) have officers that can administor oath (Non judicial oaths, where no name change allowed) People at those DO can get same day oath (As long as their interview is over in time to get certificate ready).
You do not hagve to request that at those DOs. It is automatic.

I have my IL scheduled in ATL at 12:05 pm. Do you think thats too late for same day oath?

Half an hr

Atlanta_Brother,

Thanks for your help as always. You really think I 'd make it? I have no clue how fast these interviews go.

I'm pretty sure. Half an hour max in & out. Even if you are called at around 12:30pm, you will be done by 1pm. I would try to get there around 11:30am. This way, they will know that you are already there and you will be called right on time or may be few mins earlier, who knows.

Congrats again.

I will definitely be there no later then 11:30. In a post below it mentions they have to get the Natz Certificate ready? I wonder how long that in itself takes. We have to drive 5 hrs to ATL so obviously doing everything in one swoop would be preferable. Then again I am definitely not complaining about anything here, because I am moving along just fine here, and I know not everybody is. Atlanta_Brother I am very grateful for all your helpful posts!!

Man! you guys in Atl are lucky... In Columbus, OH, I had to wait almost 1.5 months between Interview and Oath.

Coming from out of town

I will definitely be there no later then 11:30. In a post below it mentions they have to get the Natz Certificate ready? I wonder how long that in itself takes. We have to drive 5 hrs to ATL so obviously doing everything in one swoop would be preferable. Then again I am definitely not complaining about anything here, because I am moving along just fine here, and I know not everybody is. Atlanta_Brother I am very grateful for all your helpful posts!!

Jojo72,

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure you must driving 5 hrs to Atlanta because you must be living or working somewhere out of town and miles away from Atlanta. If I were you, I would take my job letter or some kind of proof that shows that you are away from home on assignment or taking care of personal issues. This way, when he gives you a paper that says "Congrats you have passed the test". At that point, let the officer know that you are hoping that you'll take the oath the same day because you drove all the way from bla bla. In my case, I flew in from Boston and I was flying back that same evening at 5:30pm. It was such a close call but thank God I made it. Make sure you don't give the officer the impression that you have moved from Atlanta. Let me know if you have additional questions.