Oath on July 24, no OATH letter yet- what are the options

scth61

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I need your suggestions on my wife’s case. She attended Interview on 4/30 in San Jose, and she has not yet received the oath letter. We called the USCIS line and with great difficulty and pleading was finally able to know from them that a notice has been sent to her for July 24 as the oath date. Unfortunately we could not ask the location, but I think that Campbell Heritage Theatre has oath on July 24.

We tried to get an infopass in order to get a duplicate Oath letter, but the earliest one was on July 30th, which would not be of immediate use for us for this purpose. What are the options available?

I was thinking of the following
1. Visit the San Jose District office(where we had the Interview) and convince the guard to see the possibility to talk to a IO and talk of the situation. (Not sure if they let us in)
2. Go to the Oath ceremony on July 24 and try our luck there.
Has anyone tried to get into the SJ district office without an appointment, any success?
Has anyone tried to go to Oath without a Oath letter. Do they entertain such requests ?

Any other thoughts/suggestions for us.:confused:
Thanks for your time and help.
scth61
:confused:

In addition, if the call does not work out, go to the Local DO and see if you can get in without an InfoPass due to the emergency situation. The local office should be able to print out a copy of the oath letter since they are the ones that issued it.

So yes - got with your option #1.

from what called a few days early, the IO(not the CSR) told me to bring the GC(of course u must bring) to the ceremoney and they will find ur name and print u a copy at the ceremony.
anyway cal the 800 number, talk to an IO, ask how and please update here,thanx.

Thanks Bobsmyth, LolaLi and nycjordankix for you suggestions.

My wife and I walked in to San Jose office today (July 22) and after repeated talking/convincing the guard was told that he would let us in after 30 mins.

We went inside the building, and we had an Infoapass for a later date with us. The person who was supposed to issue token based on Infopass was very rude and arrogant and not at all accommodating,:eek: but finally he issued a new Infopass for today and we were able to talk to an IO. The IO was very helpful and issued a duplicate OATH letter for our original OATH date

Great relief to have the duplicate letter.
Thanks again all.;)

Congratulations! I am glad it worked, although you had to deal with some rudeness. I would have thought that option 2, showing up at the ceremony would have worked too.