Oath letter

Pet2

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

If I believe my oath letter is missing in the mail, what should I do?

My interview date was 6-3-05 in Garden City (New York). All the people I know already finished the Oath Ceremony. But I still don't see my Oath letter in the mail, what should I do?

Pet2 said:
Hi all:

If I believe my oath letter is missing in the mail, what should I do?

My interview date was 6-3-05 in Garden City (New York). All the people I know already finished the Oath Ceremony. But I still don't see my Oath letter in the mail, what should I do?

check with the DO to see if they *really* sent out the oath letter to you yet, or just you thought your oath letter was missing.

ocworker said:
check with the DO to see if they *really* sent out the oath letter to you yet, or just you thought your oath letter was missing.

I don't think the DO actually generates and mails the oath letter. Mine came in an envelope with a NSC return address, postmarked Lincoln, NE. Still, you probably need to contact the DO first since obviously they make the final determination about whether to approve your naturalization.

CanTex said:
I don't think the DO actually generates and mails the oath letter. Mine came in an envelope with a NSC return address, postmarked Lincoln, NE. Still, you probably need to contact the DO first since obviously they make the final determination about whether to approve your naturalization.

My application was approved on the spot. The officer congr. me and said I'll receive the letter very soon.

CanTex, is you DO NYC also? How long did it take you to get your oath letter?

I was also told much the same and I that should expect a letter for an oath ceremony within the next 1 or 2 months.

My DO is Detroit, SC is NSC. My interview was on June 22, oath letter was postmarked June 28 and I received it on July 1. My ceremony is on July 18. 5.5 months from start to finish: AWESOME!

Pet2 said:
My application was approved on the spot. The officer congr. me and said I'll receive the letter very soon.

CanTex, is you DO NYC also? How long did it take you to get your oath letter?

My Do is NYC and had my interview on the 06/16/05 and OATH on 06/28/05.

Hello, my interview was June 1, 2005 at garden city, NY.

I was told by the officer that he will recommend my application for approval.

He then gave me a letter that said I passed the history and english exam.

The bottom part of the letter had a check mark on a line that said a decision cannot be made on my application at this time. (I was stupid not to ask the officer why exactly he marked that because he told me verbally that he will recommend my applicaion for approval)

I have not received oath letter yet.

My question is this:

If name check is pending do the officer inform you about that or they may mention that only if you specifically ask for that?

How long should I wait before checking with the DO? (What is the best way to check with DO - just show up there early in the morning and ask them?

Please reply

Pet 2

What was marked on the letter that you received after the interview:

A decision cannot be made on your application at this time

OR

Congratulations. You have established eligibility for naturalization ................................................................

Please reply so I know whether I should wait any longer or contact DO immediately?

Just checking:

Anybody else in a situation like mine; with interview at Garden City NY more than 1 month ago and no oath letter yet?

KDS95AB said:
Pet 2

What was marked on the letter that you received after the interview:

A decision cannot be made on your application at this time

OR

Congratulations. You have established eligibility for naturalization ................................................................

Please reply so I know whether I should wait any longer or contact DO immediately?

Congratulations..................

CanTex said:
I was also told much the same and I that should expect a letter for an oath ceremony within the next 1 or 2 months.

My DO is Detroit, SC is NSC. My interview was on June 22, oath letter was postmarked June 28 and I received it on July 1. My ceremony is on July 18. 5.5 months from start to finish: AWESOME!

To make me feel even worst, for those people had interview before the 1st floor office closed, they got their letter with them when they left. ANd their oath date was the 16th last month. My interview was late in the afternoon, so I have to wait for the mail. :(

Got the oath letter in mail yesterday (July 6).

Oath scheduled for July 15 in Brooklyn

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions

My timeline in nontechnical terminology:

Application sent 11/2004
First FPrint: 3/2004
Interview scheduled for 2/2005. A week before interview date I had personal problem and so asked for a new date.
Second FPrint: 3/2005
Interview Scheduled again on 6/1/05.
Oath Scheduled: July 15

I never knew about FBI name check and background check until I started reading this forum after the interview. I did not even ask the officer at the interview if my name check was complete.

Correction to the timeline above: Application sent 11/ 2003

My timeline in nontechnical terminology:

Application sent 11/2003
First FPrint: 3/2004
Interview scheduled for 2/2005. A week before interview date I had personal problem and so asked for a new date.
Second FPrint: 3/2005
Interview Scheduled again on 6/1/05.
Oath Scheduled: July 15

I never knew about FBI name check and background check until I started reading this forum after the interview. I did not even ask the officer at the interview if my name check was complete.

Zeeman, how did you know that your FP & name check were completed? Did someone specifically mention name check? Also your FP was 11/20/04, but you said the name check was done by 11/05/04. Can you clarify please?

Name Check and FP

You can check the status of your FP results by calling FBI at (304)625-2000
and for your name check status , you have to email the fbi at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. They will respond in around two to three months.

for detaile info on Name check and FP, check Rahul's "My name check experience" The very first post on this forum. It is very useful

I don't know why the name check was done before the FP but I guess, they don't need FP to do the name check, all they need is a name, plus I had to do FP twice because the first time it didn't come very clear for them. This wasted a couple of days and FBI might went ahead with the name check without the FP. Again this is my opinion only.

Good Luck

zeeman said:
and for your name check status , you have to email the fbi at fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov. They will respond in around two to three months.

that is very fast turn around time for fbi name check :p

I don't know why the name check was done before the FP but I guess, they don't need FP to do the name check, all they need is a name, plus I had to do FP twice because the first time it didn't come very clear for them. This wasted a couple of days and FBI might went ahead with the name check without the FP. Again this is my opinion only.

Good Luck

I believe name check and finger print check are processed independenty.
hope you will get your interview letter soon :)

KDS95AB said:
Got the oath letter in mail yesterday (July 6).

Oath scheduled for July 15 in Brooklyn

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions

Hey KDS95AB, great news for you!! My interview date was 6-3-05. Still waiting for the oath letter. I'm keeping my finger crossed. Where in Brooklyn are you going to?