Oath letter handed at interview

Username

Registered Users (C)
I'm just curious how different situations work. I had my intreview about 2 weeks ago. Pass interview. Was handed the letter that says I passed the interview (N-652). I was also handed other paper. It was the oath letter that stated the day and time I should come back for oath (N-445).

Now I read on this forum that they mail you your oath later at a later date. Does this mean the that oath letter IO gave me is not the official one and I need to wait for a different one? Or was I just lucky that they give me the oath letter the same day with no wait?

I have read:

- Pass Interview - wait for oath letter
- Pass Interview - Oath letter handed after Interview (my situation)
- Pass Interview - Oath ceremony the same day

Is that correct? Or does everyone get N-445 after interview and then they still have to wait for another (more official) Oath letter to be mailed to them?

It depends on DO, IO and time of interview. Some IOs hand you oath letter at or right after interview, whereas others mail it to you. In your case, you received the original oath letter at interview.

I'm just curious how different situations work. I had my intreview about 2 weeks ago. Pass interview. Was handed the letter that says I passed the interview (N-652). I was also handed other paper. It was the oath letter that stated the day and time I should come back for oath (N-445).

Now I read on this forum that they mail you your oath later at a later date. Does this mean the that oath letter IO gave me is not the official one and I need to wait for a different one? Or was I just lucky that they give me the oath letter the same day with no wait?

I have read:

- Pass Interview - wait for oath letter
- Pass Interview - Oath letter handed after Interview (my situation)
- Pass Interview - Oath ceremony the same day

Is that correct? Or does everyone get N-445 after interview and then they still have to wait for another (more official) Oath letter to be mailed to them?

Can you please tell us on which District Office (DO) you had your interview?
Can you show us your signature, please?