Oath in Indianapolis

See you at the oath ceremony, Redysaab!

Mine arrived as well. Scheduled on 3/20 (Ben Davis High School, Indy). Hopefully that's where Reddysaab is going as well.

Overall timetable is just over 8 months (application mailed on 7/8/07)

Congratulations to you both. My ceremony was at the downtown Court House. Wonder how your would be different. Please update.

Oath ceremony (3/20) at Ben Davis High School

Congratulations to you both. My ceremony was at the downtown Court House. Wonder how your would be different. Please update.

Just spoke with the courthouse clerk and confirmed that the ceremony on 3/20 is one of the few to be held at the Ben Davis High School location, and not the courthose building downtown.

She said it starts at 10, but we are expected to be there around 8.

Thanks to everyone for posting.
Sharing knowledge, really helps others to get an idea of what to expect, and figure out a time table of when events will occur. Sadly, the USCIS doesn't give up much information.

Why it takes a month for a citizenship application to receive approval is something I don't understand, after all the difficulties in just getting to the Citizenship interview, one would think they would get an answer before they leave the building.

Xelaedu, do you think the delay in getting them to sign your application was because of
the "updates you needed to make" during the interview? Am I reading your timeline correctly to say, that once they finally approved it, you were in the courthouse 6-7 weeks later for the oath?

If that's the case, it seems they are speeding up the time schedule a little bit. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Citizenship and wavier for disability N-648

My mother applied for her citizenship form N-400 and also she files form N-648 medical certification for disability exceptions. Does any body had experience with form N-648 disability wavier for the civic an English exam. How the IO handles the N-648 and if it approved can I accompany my mother to her interview to translate to her?

Thanks to all.

Oath in Indy

After dealing with the INS/BCIS/USCIS for over 7 years, at last it's done.

Attended the Citizenship Oath Ceremony in Indy (Ben Davis High School). 193 new citizens sworn in (origianlly from India, Mexico, Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, China, UK etc), ceremony lasting for around 2 hours.

Citizenship timeline:

N-400 Received by USCIS (Nebraska Service Center): 7/11/07
Notice Date: 7/19/07
Fingerprint Date: 8/27/07
Interview: 1/4/08
Citizenship Oath Ceremony: 3/20/08
Passport Applied: 3/20/08
Passport Received: TBD