Oath in Indianapolis

xelaedu

Registered Users (C)
I searched the forum but did not come across any recent discussion on Oath Ceremonies in Indy.

Anyone out there who took the Oath in Indy?

My questions are:
  1. What is the frequency of the ceremony?
  2. From what I understand, it is held at the courthouse downtown. Is that accurate?
  3. How long did it take after the interview to get the Oath notification? My interview date was 11/1 and I have not heard anything since. I have called the 800 number and verified multiple times from the 2nd level of customer service that the supervisor approved as well and now I am in queue for Oath scheduling. But that has been the status for a while.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

just to let you know that please share your timelines and your experiences with the
people first and ask some questions if you have you have come all the way to the
oath step but you have never posted your experiences which will be nice.
not to upset you but as much as you need your q answerd peple love to hear
yours experience too......
thank you

Good point queensheba.

Here is my timeline:
Sent N-400 application to Nebraska - 07/16/07
Receipt Date - 07/30/07
FP Appointment - 09/14/07
Interview Schedule - 11/01/07
Oath schduled - TBD

Good point queensheba.

Here is my timeline:
Receipt Date - 07/30/07
Oath schduled - TBD
hello xelaedu,

I am waiting too... I had an interview in 11/8/07 but since then I didn't received anything yet. I called 1-800 number but they didn't gave any information. How they gave you information that the supervisor approved your case? Who should I talk to when I call the number?

Sashko: The initial reps dont know anything. You gotta get through to the next level of customer service which is sometimes not the easiest thing to do but definitely doable.

The next level of customer service actually has IO's hosting the line. They can access your records and give you the most up to date information. In one case I got an update that was made earlier in the day to my file.

Sashko: The initial reps dont know anything. You gotta get through to the next level of customer service which is sometimes not the easiest thing to do but definitely doable.

The next level of customer service actually has IO's hosting the line. They can access your records and give you the most up to date information. In one case I got an update that was made earlier in the day to my file.
hi xelaedu,

What should I ask for to talk to IO? They just telling me that I have to wait at least 90 days...

I think it works along the following lines after the interview:

Supervisor approvals & Oath Scheduling is done on priority date basis.
For Example : Say if Applicant 1 PD is June 1 but interview date is Nov 1
Say Applicant 2 PD is July 1 but interview date is Oct 25th(This is actually possible)
Though Applicant 2 is interviwed first, Applicant 1 is approved by supervisor and scheduled for oath prior to Applicant 2.

This is because the DO office have to work along the priority dates and deadlines as per Service centre posting timelines.

I'm only guessing, because In Cincinnati I know someone who is interviewed on Nov 1st and scheduled for oath in Dec but I'm interviwed on Nov 9th(Just a week after 1st) and supervisor didn't approve mine yet.

So it's possible that the DO will be working on applicants with prior dates than us first and pushing the rest away for a later date.

So the best thing to do is, wait till our timelines are current and by then we should all be clear(given there's nothing wrong with our applications/eligibility)

Who knows what really happens?

After long wait finally I did talk to the IO. She told me that my case has been approved and I have to wait for the next ceremony date in my area. I checked online that the next ceremony date in my area court is on middle of January.

Thanks

Sashko, Can you tell me how you got to the second lever of customer service folks?
First level folks are asking us to wait until the 90 day period.

Good point queensheba.

Here is my timeline:
Receipt Date - 07/30/07
Oath schduled - TBD

You have sailed thru very very fast. RD 7/30 is right in the middle of the PEAK application load and you already had interview. I wonder how the whole process runs because my RD is 7/28 @ VSC (NYC DO) but only had FP so far.

Congrats anyhow!!!!

Thanks Vik Pal. I hear that the whole process indeed did go fairly expedetiously in my case. I have heard that the Indy DO is fairly fast. We will see if it continues :)

The best of luck to you as well!

I called and talked to the first level of customer service. I explained that I am waiting for my oath ceremony letter since November the she said hold on I will transfer you to IO, I waited 30 min on hold and I spoke to IO.

Hi xelaedu,

If you know your place of ceremony (Usually it is a near court of your county) you can call the court and ask them when is the next available ceremony date and they will be able to tell you that, that way you can know when you can expect the letter from USCIS. I asked my place and they told me that the next is middle of January, they don't have any schedules for December because of the holidays. I called USCIS again and they told me same as your case. My case has been approved and I am in queue for Oath scheduling.

Good Luck

Interview passed

N-400 timeline Nebraska Service Center/Indianapolis
Priority date - 7/29/07
Receipt Notice - 10/6/07
FP notice - 10/12/07
FP appointment- 10/17/07
Interview Letter Received - 10/25/07
Interview Date - 12/21/07
Interview passed - 12/21/07
Oath ? Do you guys have any idea !

Congratulations on passing the interview reddysaab!

I am yet to hear anything on the Oath front. However, I would suggest that you call the courthouse and get the oath dates for the next few months. Since my interview was in the beginning of Nov, I am hoping that I will get in line for either the 10th or the 24th of January (the next 2 dates).

Oath Indy

What was your priority date! I think about 50-100 people would be pooled for interview ! If that is the case, we might have interview on the same day..may be Jan 10(too early) or most probably Jan 24..

I think you meant Oath (not interview) and I agree that although we can hope for 1/10, it's most likely going to be 1/24 I think. My dates are listed below.

Here is my timeline:
Receipt Date - 07/30/07
Oath scheduled - TBD