Oath in Boston

BostonDude4

Registered Users (C)
At first I thought it’s a mistake or a joke, but the Boston DO confirmed that, yes, my oath ceremony is going to take place at John Joseph Moakley Court House, 2nd floor, Jury Assembly room, on March 28th. Two months ago on the same 2nd floor at the Clark’s Office of US District Court I have filed a complain suing the USCIS and FBI for delay in my naturalization. The Boston DO told me that it’s only since the beginning of this year they started to conduct ceremonies at the Court House. I am still a little bit suspicious.

Is anybody going or has taken the oath the Court House in Boston?

No name change.

I think that every ceremony in Boston is judicial. There are only 2 districts in US that conduct non-judicial ceremonies - New Jersey and Washington State.

Oath Ceremony site confusion

hi
My oath ceremony letter had the following address to show up:

US District Court of RI
200 Dyer St (This is the INS Office !!! address)
Providence RI

I called the Court Clerk and she told me the Oath ceremony is at another place...Veterans Mem Hall !!

What shld I do to verify ? DOnt have the Local DO Number (Providence RI)

No name change.

I think that every ceremony in Boston is judicial. There are only 2 districts in US that conduct non-judicial ceremonies - New Jersey and Washington State.

Actually I think you'll find the majority of ceremonies in most districts are non-judicial. Baltimore for example, runs ceremonies every day, and I know they are held in-house with a USCIS officer presiding. The same is certainly true anywhere that people have reported taking same-day oath.

Oath Ceremony site confusion

Guess what, received a NEW Oath Ceremony letter from Vermont, now with correct address and site (see previous posting). Phew ! Was planning to go for an Infopass a week b4 oath date.

Hi All,

I finished interview yesterday in Boston DO and they have given blue form with oath date and place. Is this mean the oath letter or I have to expect any other letter from mail about oath.

Thanks
Sumathi

BostonDude4 - How did the oath go? Care to share any details? My husband is going in for his oath at Moakley on Thursday, 5/31/2007. The notice said it will take 2 hours. Is this about right? And really no electronic devices? I was hoping to take some pictures. Any info you could provide would be much appreciated.