Oath experience? What to bring/expect?

Carlz

Registered Users (C)
Will go for the oath ceremony tomorrow. Now wondering what else to bring besides the docs listed on N-445, and what to expect?

Should I bring the whole application pack with me just in case? Or will immigration have my application material there with them?

The letter I received also says "final interview" - does this mean immigration will need to go through the application with questions again?

I know I am bit paranoid, but I guess you can understand my anxiousness. Thank you for sharing.

Carl

Only oath letter and green card are required. If you managed to get any traffic tickets before oath, you will need a disposition. If you traveled after interview, proof of travel (passport entry stamps)

Just make sure you bring the oath letter (N-445) and the current green card. If you have expired green cards, EADs, reentry permits etc. you can bring them to give them back too. If you don't, just make sure you don't use them ever again. I just did the oath today. Here in Brooklyn NY, they made you wait till they gathered almost everyone. Then they asked you to come forward one by one to sign your certificate of naturalization. Make sure your name, picture and other info are correct. It happened today that two persons' pictures were mixed up. Then the presiding judge came in to oversee the oath. The judge then made a short speech and then each person came forward to take the certificate. Good luck tomorrow.

thank you nkm-oct23 and hchan88888.

do you see immigration officers bringing whole pile of previous interview materials with them?

no i do not have any tickets - managed to stay clean, :)

Just make sure you bring the oath letter (N-445) and the current green card. If you have expired green cards, EADs, reentry permits etc. you can bring them to give them back too. If you don't, just make sure you don't use them ever again. I just did the oath today. Here in Brooklyn NY, they made you wait till they gathered almost everyone. Then they asked you to come forward one by one to sign your certificate of naturalization. Make sure your name, picture and other info are correct. It happened today that two persons' pictures were mixed up. Then the presiding judge came in to oversee the oath. The judge then made a short speech and then each person came forward to take the certificate. Good luck tomorrow.

No they don't have anything else other than the certs. We had about 240 people for oath so they would have needed a truck for the case file of every single one. ;)

thanks hchan88888.

just the thought of having another round of interview sends chills down my back, being it a job interview or immigration, :)

Oh by the way no phone or camera allowed. At least that is the case in Brooklyn NY.

Wife had her oath ceremony today at the los angeles convention center. 3036 applicants took the oath. started at 9:00 and finished by 9:40. naturalization certificate took another 30 minutes ...
was done by 10:10. didnt bother to apply for Passport there since there was a huge line. Instead,went to the USPS office and applied for the passport. No waiting there.
Yes, Oath letter and GreenCard are the only 2 docs u need to take for the Oath ceremony, unless something has changed since ur interview.
Good Luck