Oath delay

sca330

Anyone similar to this situation?
N-400 application: July 2004
Citizenship interview: October 2004. (passed)
It has been over 1 year since I applied and 8+ months since my interview; however, until now I have not received an oath date.
Thanks

my friend had the similar situation.. she did not know it was her name check pending, or what else. however, she waited for more than a year for her oath. she finally got a lawyer to get it done. btw, she did not really care so she just kept waiting for the oath (married with a USC.. 2 kids.. what else would she care beside of family? hee hee)

btw, my friend did not file any lawsuit. she just hired a lawyer to follow up her case. it found out her case was onhold by mistake.

sca330 said:
Anyone similar to this situation?
N-400 application: July 2004
Citizenship interview: October 2004. (passed)
It has been over 1 year since I applied and 8+ months since my interview; however, until now I have not received an oath date.
Thanks

Received FOIPA inquiry = no records
Extensive background check revealed clear record (not even a parking ticket!)

I don't know what else it could be.

Take an Infopass appointment and visit your DO to find out the status of your case. Keep visiting your DO often, i.e. at least once a month. This generate activity on your file.

Contact your Congressman and Senator's office and request for their assistance. After taking the information from your, Congressman or Senator's Aide will send an inquiry to USICS on your behalf. USCIS will respond to the Congressman or Senator Office.

Hopefully, this will help. Do you know if the name check was cleared?

ocworker said:
btw, my friend did not file any lawsuit. she just hired a lawyer to follow up her case. it found out her case was onhold by mistake.

any idea how much did your friend pay the lawyer?

Made an inquiry on name check by e-mail; however it was indicated that it takes in the order of 16-20 weeks for a returned response in determining the status of a name check.

I am waiting for 16 months after the interview and 25 month since N-400 application. Since I am not in a hurry I am just watching the situation with curiosity. I can't believe FBI is such an "efficient and sophisticated" organization.