Oath Completed today.Now USC

milk

Registered Users (C)
Became Proud US Citizen today!!! :):)
And also became a proud Indian American!!! :):):):)

A simple oath ceremony which completed in just 45 minutes. 57 People became USC today at Dallas USCIS Office. They can accommodate a lot more people in the auditorium but not sure why they do a smaller number of oaths. I am sure there are plenty in waiting to get OLs from Dallas office.

Updated SSN with USC status. As expected, it will take 3-5 days for SS system to get updated with the new USC status as they can not see the status change right away. So for new USCs, it could be better to go after a week to SS office for status updates.

Applied PP Book and PP card expedite at the local post office. Very expensive with a total of $212+ (expedite, overnight both ways etc)

So finally, I am done dealing with USCIS. Hopefully, there won't be any need to contact USCIS (unless something happens to Nat.Certificate) in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations milk!!!

Any reasons to expedite your PP processing. DOS normally take around 2 weeks for regular processing

Congratulations milk!!!

Any reasons to expedite your PP processing. DOS normally take around 2 weeks for regular processing

2 weeks for routine processing? I had my daughter's passport renewed with routine processing just last month..it took a month to get it back..anyway, one of the reasons for the expedite is to see if I can make a short Europe trip before summer vacation gets over for my kid.

2 weeks for routine processing? I had my daughter's passport renewed with routine processing just last month..it took a month to get it back..anyway, one of the reasons for the expedite is to see if I can make a short Europe trip before summer vacation gets over for my kid.

I have a question. When one enter the USA after becoming a
citizen and present his passport, what file about this person will the border
control see?

Last edited by a moderator:
Became Proud US Citizen today!!! :):)
And also became a proud Indian American!!! :):):):)

Congratulations and time to go party!
But you are not American indian(native?)but guess you are from Asian- Indian
and now you became American--Asian Indian ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I am not a lawyer and I am just a lay man without any legal knwledge.!
Read the above STRICTLY at your own risk.

I have a question. When one enter the USA after becoming a
citizen and present his passport, what file about this person will the border
control see?

I think naturalized citizens file will have this overhang by A# till the ....
The A will be be the extra tag for NATZ. than others and once A# is there they can access all the details.

And what is the other reason? :D

Congratulations!

I want to feel, smell and touch the US passport with my picture on it ASAP. I did all those with my daughter's and wife's US passports but nothing beats it my picture on it. :D:D:D:D

I think naturalized citizens file will have this overhang by A# till the ....
The A will be be the extra tag for NATZ. than others and once A# is there they can access all the details.

Natualization certificate has this A#. But I don't think passport will have
this number (corret me if I am wrong). To enter USA, you show your
passport not the certificate.

I can imagine if one has finger printed arrest record between FBI FP report and oath and did not disclose it, one will still be nervous everry time
he passed the inspection even as a citizen

I can imagine if one has finger printed arrest record between FBI FP report and oath and did not disclose it, one will still be nervous everry time he passed the inspection even as a citizen

When you enter the U.S. through an airport POE and go through a CBP control, they run your passport through the machine to see if your name results in any hits on a "wanted" or "suspicious" person name list. That will happen to you whether you are native-born American or a Naturalized one.

If you had an arrest and were fingerprinted at any point, it is highly likely that this would have come up during the FBI fingerprint check during the naturalization process. It is my understanding that the FBI now receives all fingerprints into their database from even routine arrests from state and local law enforcement around the country.

If for some reason, an applicant was foolish enough not to disclose the arrest on their N-400 petition and it is later discovered that they hid this bit of information, and that information would have changed the outcome of the naturalization approval, then that could be grounds for the U.S. Attorney's office to petition the courts to revoke the petitioner's naturalization. And yes, such a person should rightly be nervous passing any border control... :)

I want to feel, smell and touch the US passport with my picture on it ASAP. I did all those with my daughter's and wife's US passports but nothing beats it my picture on it. :D:D:D:D

I know exactly what you mean! When I received my U.S. passport, I had this urge to immediately fly to some western European airport and literally breeze past immigration control just because I could...! Congratulations milk!

For NATZ citizen,
If he has not disclosed(Serious ones espepcially,all material representations) and if the record comes out,he will be detained and
his proceedings for de-naturalization will be initiated in Distrct court(or a federal court but not before an IJ ),and once proved-he will be de-naturalzed by court and revokes any GC and put in removal proceedings(IJ now) .It is that serious.!.

Right now no FP is done for citizens. If one FP is done for citizens, then
the CBP need to figure out if the arrest is before or after certian important
time points. If it is before certain critical points, the CBP will need to see
if the person disclosed it or not during the N400 process. It was most liekly disclosed if the arrest was before filing N400 because one would have to do FP and knew it would show up. But if the arrest is after filing N400, even after
tehg interview, then CBP can investigate

That make sense if you have immediate travel plans!